Forum

Thug U lineman shot, killed

17 years 5 months ago #1673 by UGAChemDawg
Thug U lineman shot, killed was created by UGAChemDawg
Thug U continues its reputation as the murder capital of college football. Now we get to hear all the networks talk about what a tragedy it was and when they play their bowl game, we get to see this thug's picture with the dates of his birth and death under it and a caption saying R.I.P. while the sad music plays.

sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2653361

"University of Miami defensive end Bryan Pata was shot and killed Tuesday night, shortly after leaving the practice field, school officials said. He was 22.

The circumstances around Pata's death were not immediately clear, and Miami-Dade police refused to release specific information about what happened. A formal announcement was expected from the university later Tuesday.

It was at least the fourth time that tragedy involving a player has struck the Hurricanes in recent years.

In April 1996, reserve linebacker and Miami native Marlin Barnes was murdered in a campus apartment. In 2003, former Miami safety Al Blades was killed in a car accident, about a year after former Miami linebacker Chris Campbell -- who just had completed his eligibility with the Hurricanes -- also died in a crash.

Pata's death was the second incident involving guns this season for the Hurricanes.

In July, reserve safety Willie Cooper was shot in the buttocks when confronted in his yard before an early-morning workout. Cooper was not seriously injured. Brandon Meriweather, one of Cooper's teammates and roommates, returned fire at Cooper's assailant, taking three shots that apparently missed, police said.

"We're targets because we play for the University of Miami. ... These guys, they know who we are," Miami linebacker Jon Beason said shortly after the Cooper shooting.

No, you're targets because you're a bunch of criminals who hang out with criminals and engage in criminal activity. Live by the gun, die by the gun.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UGAChemDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #1676 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Thug U lineman shot, killed
Details of this shooting are sketchy at this time. Who knows what he may or may not have been involved in? Regardless of what this guy did or didnt do, it's still a tragic incident to see someone die in the prime of his life like this. My heart goes out to the man's family, and I hope the thugs responsible for this crime are punished in an appropriate manner.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #1700 by UGAChemDawg
Replied by UGAChemDawg on topic Re: Thug U lineman shot, killed

Details of this shooting are sketchy at this time. Who knows what he may or may not have been involved in? Regardless of what this guy did or didnt do, it's still a tragic incident to see someone die in the prime of his life like this. My heart goes out to the man's family, and I hope the thugs responsible for this crime are punished in an appropriate manner.

Then the University of Miami wouldn't be able to field a football team.

• UGAChemDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #1701 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Thug U lineman shot, killed
You think someone on the team had something to do with it? I haven't heard about any info regarding this case since it broke this morning. Did you hear something new since this morning, or were you just making the true allegation that Miami has a lot of bad apples on their team? Whatever happens, i think it would be safe to assume that Larry Coker will be gone after the season is over.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #1704 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Thug U lineman shot, killed
Coker has been gone. Great guy, just not a head coach.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds