Forum

UGA Strength and Conditioning

17 years 6 months ago #1602 by norcodawg
UGA Strength and Conditioning was created by norcodawg
Has anyone noticed that every year we have a ton of injuries. I know all football teams have injuries but damn every year we are down to the third string backups! Living here in Louisiana I get alot of LSU news and every year they stay very healthy. Does UGAs S&C team need to be addressed or do we just have bad luck every year?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• norcodawg
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #1608 by paramedic06997
Replied by paramedic06997 on topic Re: UGA Strength and Conditioning
Georgia to me seems smaller especially @ wr and DB than LSU, Fl, and Auburn.

• paramedic06997
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #1609 by BLUEBLOOD
Replied by BLUEBLOOD on topic Re: UGA Strength and Conditioning

Has anyone noticed that every year we have a ton of injuries. I know all football teams have injuries but damn every year we are down to the third string backups! Living here in Louisiana I get alot of LSU news and every year they stay very healthy. Does UGAs S&C team need to be addressed or do we just have bad luck every year?

To offer some insight. We (UK) had a backup TE playing Center, we had a rarely used tackle inserted into the RG spot, just days before the game and another OLineman was a player we planned to redshirt, but inserted just before gametime. Our starting RB (Alphonso Smith) is our 3rd string RB and our defense has many freshmen. The fact of the matter is that we have 73 freshmen and Sophs on the squad.

I noticed that at the end of the game, we were blowing Georgia linemen off the line with our patch-worked Oline and UGA looked dead tired (that shocked me because UGA linemen usually overpower us). Tubby, in basketball, fired is strength coach and our players, this year, look like monsters. UGA could probably do the same in football.

To give us credit, our QB Woodson has 20 TD's and only 7 INT's and may be an all-SEC pick next year but UGA should never loose to UK and Vandy. Don't panic in the land of Peaches.

• BLUEBLOOD
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.022 seconds