Forum

Defense or Offense

18 years 6 months ago #159 by WSR
Defense or Offense was created by WSR
what would you say, is it the almost perfect defense or the great offense?
Georgias defense has allowed only an average 11.8 points during the last five games. The professionals say that offense wins a game but i say a great defense wins championships.

Georgias has scored 31.8 poinst per game is that enough to beat a national championship team like USC.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• WSR
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 years 6 months ago #160 by oledawg
Replied by oledawg on topic Re: Defense or Offense
Hey WSR its a tough call, we play as a team. If the defense keeps giving the offense scoring opportunities and the offense fails to capitalize then your're in a quandry. Offense looked good but Defense wins championships thats for sure. UGA has always been known for its defenses. Look at the Louisville bowl game last year, or the USF/Louisville game this year. I'm split on the answer to the question. Sorry no help here.

More
18 years 6 months ago #161 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: Defense or Offense
Defense. USC needs to face one of those some day.

More
18 years 6 months ago #162 by Ashdawg
Replied by Ashdawg on topic Re: Defense or Offense
This one is a tough one, because as good as we are on both sides of the ball, two things just drives me crazy, one our CONSTANT inability to score TD's inside of the 20's. ( with a HUGE and TALENTED o-line and tons of options- RB's TE's WR's and even shock's legs!) On the other hand, too many times we have our opponets offense in a deep hole only to let the QB dump a little pass over the middle for 20 yd's and a FIRST DOWWWN! But as long as the W's keep coming i'll sit on the edge of my seat and love it! Just remember a W is a W any way that you get it, you don't have to draw a picture! One of my biggest suprises is the way our defense has played without Vangorder, I never thought I would see any assistant that I liked as much as ERK, but Vangorder was close and I thought he would be our biggest loss on defense, but hat's off to coach Martinez he's doing a great imposernation! DEFENSE! DEFENSE! DEFENSE! GO DAWGS! and please don't overlook little vandy this week! Coming to NC this weekend NC DAWG! ASHDAWG :lol:

• Ashdawg
  • Visitor
18 years 6 months ago #171 by jwthompson1962
Replied by jwthompson1962 on topic Re: Defense or Offense
The defense is superb right now; they play their hearts out. The offense is good, but needs to improve some, especially inside the redzone. We got to score more TDs when we get in inside the 20. One thing I noticed in the Tenn game was that DJ, on a couple of occassions ran with the ball in his right hand away from his body, not a good habit. I not sure if that was the case in the fumble, may have been the reason it got stripped. Just something I noticed.

GO DAWGS!!!!

• jwthompson1962
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.026 seconds