Forum

Hell has frozen over

17 years 6 months ago #1543 by orthodawg
Hell has frozen over was created by orthodawg
I have been reading posts on this site for several months. However, my wife will no longer listen to my whining...so I must vent.

I realize we are "rebuilding" this year and Vamdy and Kentucky have played teams tough, but this has been murder to watch. Enough about Stafford and dropped passes...how can we allow Kentucky to post 24 points. Don't gey me wrong, if you are on scholarship and wear the jersey and your only job is to catch a football, you ought to be able to catch the thing or someone else should be lined up to take your place. I can appreciate rebuilding...but this is bad. Has anyone noticed that the SEC is going to be extremely competitive the next couple of years.

Where did our beloved defense go??

I can only hope that the frustration all of us are feeling after this loss will lead to some serious changes in the organization. I think that most could let the Vandy loss slide...but too many ears have perked up after this one.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• orthodawg
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #1544 by BLUEBLOOD
Replied by BLUEBLOOD on topic Re: Hell has frozen over

I have been reading posts on this site for several months. However, my wife will no longer listen to my whining...so I must vent.

I realize we are "rebuilding" this year and Vamdy and Kentucky have played teams tough, but this has been murder to watch. Enough about Stafford and dropped passes...how can we allow Kentucky to post 24 points. Don't gey me wrong, if you are on scholarship and wear the jersey and your only job is to catch a football, you ought to be able to catch the thing or someone else should be lined up to take your place. I can appreciate rebuilding...but this is bad. Has anyone noticed that the SEC is going to be extremely competitive the next couple of years.

Where did our beloved defense go??

I can only hope that the frustration all of us are feeling after this loss will lead to some serious changes in the organization. I think that most could let the Vandy loss slide...but too many ears have perked up after this one.

Our ears perk up when we lose to someone like UGA in basketball- so I know the feeling.

• BLUEBLOOD
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #1545 by UGAChemDawg
Replied by UGAChemDawg on topic Re: Hell has frozen over
It's only going to get worse. We're going to lose to Auburn and Georgia Tech and, god forbid, someone invites us to a bowl with 6 wins, we're going to lose that too. We're also going to take a backseat to the other SEC powers in recruiting. Don't expect a top 10 class next recruiting season. Georgia Tech will never be able to out recruit us in the state of Georgia because their academic standards are too high. Calculus is the lowest level of math taught there and everybody has to take it...even the business majors.

The real question is, does CMR have it in him to pull the plug on the people that need to have the plug pulled on them? He comes across to me as a guy who could let his emotions and strong sense of loyalty and faith get in the way of what needs to be done when it comes to the behind the scenes, staff management aspects of coaching. I heard Willie Martinez is one of his best friends, and it would probably make him puke to have to fire him.

More
17 years 6 months ago #1547 by UGAChemDawg
Replied by UGAChemDawg on topic Re: Hell has frozen over

Our ears perk up when we lose to someone like UGA in basketball- so I know the feeling.

Do us both a favor: fire Tubby and snatch Billy Donnovan away from Florida.

I CANNOT STAND the fact that the Gators are now good at basketball and we're not. Tubby won the title as a result of Pittino's recruiting. Billy will put UK back on top and give you a Pittino connection.

More
17 years 6 months ago #1562 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Hell has frozen over
I read where we are already ranked 3rd in recruiting (early I know) and Martinez was Richt's roommate in college.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 6 months ago #1579 by BLUEBLOOD
Replied by BLUEBLOOD on topic Re: Hell has frozen over

Do us both a favor: fire Tubby and snatch Billy Donnovan away from Florida.

I CANNOT STAND the fact that the Gators are now good at basketball and we're not. Tubby won the title as a result of Pittino's recruiting. Billy will put UK back on top and give you a Pittino connection.

Boy, you need to move to Lexington and join the "FireTubby" group with most of us. Tubby did a decent job at UGA and should be in that position now- he's way over his head at a school that expects Final Four runs every year- like UGA in football expects to be in the SEC hunt every year. Rict, like Tubby, isn't at Tulsa or somewhere and excellence is expected in Athens (football) like it is in Lex (Bball).

• BLUEBLOOD
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.027 seconds