Forum

I hope we don't go to a bowl this year

17 years 6 months ago #1535 by UGAChemDawg
I hope we don't go to a bowl this year was created by UGAChemDawg
After we lose to Auburn and Georgia Tech and finish the regular season 6-6, I hope that whatever bowl has the opportunity to take the worst bowl elligible SEC team doesn't take us. We don't deserve to play in the post season, and I don't believe that terribleness should be rewarded like that.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UGAChemDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 6 months ago #1538 by Kgain25
Replied by Kgain25 on topic Re: I hope we don't go to a bowl this year
We sure dont deserve it

• Kgain25
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #1561 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: I hope we don't go to a bowl this year
I think we ALL AGREE !!

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 6 months ago #1581 by BLUEBLOOD
Replied by BLUEBLOOD on topic Re: I hope we don't go to a bowl this year

After we lose to Auburn and Georgia Tech and finish the regular season 6-6, I hope that whatever bowl has the opportunity to take the worst bowl elligible SEC team doesn't take us. We don't deserve to play in the post season, and I don't believe that terribleness should be rewarded like that.

It's funny how similar this quote sound to a disgruntled UK Bball fan- we were hoping for an NIT bid last year so we could finally get Tubby out of our hair (22-13 seasons at UK are not accepted). We will take a 6-6 season in football and run with it- but at UGA, it can get you fired.

• BLUEBLOOD
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #1583 by duck
i agree, if some one offers us a bowl game, i hope cmr has balls enough to say that this team does not deserve a bowl reward.

dawgs forever

duck

More
17 years 6 months ago #1584 by UGAChemDawg
Replied by UGAChemDawg on topic Re: I hope we don't go to a bowl this year

It's funny how similar this quote sound to a disgruntled UK Bball fan- we were hoping for an NIT bid last year so we could finally get Tubby out of our hair (22-13 seasons at UK are not accepted). We will take a 6-6 season in football and run with it- but at UGA, it can get you fired.

I would like for you to have Tubby out of your hair too. That way Billy D will take the UK job and Florida will return to its accustomed place at the bottom of the SEC, where it belongs.

I remember when you guys snagged Tubby from us. He had just taken us to the Sweet 16, and we had compiled a 45-19 record during his 2 seasons here. We thought we had something good going on here. I remember joining others in calling him a traitor and cursing his name, but now I realize it was a blessing in disguise. Had he remained at Georgia, he would have made us into a consistent contender to make the NCAA tournament, but not much more. UGA, just being happy to be able to talk about possibly going to the big dance, would have been perfectly content with that and would have let him linger 20+ years.

He seems to be capable of bringing any program, no matter how good or bad, to the same level of mediocrity, and then keeping it there indefinitely. The 98 championship was a result of him reaping the benefits of pitino's recruiting. Other than that, he hasn't accomplished much more with Kentucky than he managed to do with Tulsa and Georgia. He took Tulsa to the sweet 16 twice, then he took us to the sweet 16, and now he keeps taking you to the sweet 16 with an occasional elite 8 thrown in there.

It will be interesting to see what Dennis Felton can do for us. His third year at Western Kentucky is when that program started taking off so, if history repeats itself, he should be due for a breakout year.

• UGAChemDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds