Forum

Kentucky?

17 years 6 months ago #1496 by dapolla
Kentucky? was created by dapolla
I know that this is probably a lost cause, but does anyone know anything about television coverage for the KY game, esp. up in NC? Let me know...I love Larry but if I have to rely solely on him for the call of the game...I may go insane. Thanks!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 6 months ago #1497 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Re: Kentucky?
yesterday and found nothing. No PPV, no local coverage,...nothing! In years past, I' ve managed to pick up some static filled Munson broadcasts that originate from Fountain Inn, SC. But often the troubled broadcast is worse than the effort.

It's a rather sad commentary when you compare and contrast seasonal victories against TV coverage. When you're winning you get coverage, otherwise you find yourself destined for the likes of Lincoln Financial and PPV...Guess I'll rely on the ticker tape display to provide updates...Got a "Honey-Do" list a mile long, what better time to knock a few items off!!!!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
17 years 6 months ago #1500 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: Kentucky?
I dont' rely on Fountain Inn. Go to Gxtra.com and pay the $6.95 montly fee. Radio broadcast goes through your computer. You get Munson for footbal, including the bowl games(if there are any), Jeff Dantzler and Dave Johnston for baseball -- two of the best baseball commentators out there, can I get an AMEN? -- Dantzler and oh-jeez-I-forgot-his-name for Lady Dawgs basketball...and then it starts all over again in August.

• dapolla
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 6 months ago #1515 by norcodawg
Replied by norcodawg on topic Re: Kentucky?
Yep... Gxtra is where I get all my Dawg sports broadcast here in Louisiana.
Its worth it!!!

• norcodawg
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #1516 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Re: Kentucky?
It's yet another of the mindboggling, money grabbing "incentives" brought forward by the AA via Adams. From parking to removing grandfathered season ticket holders to GXtra,...its all about the $$$.

There was a time when you could pull Munson up via Yahoo Sports and listen for free. Check the website, there are many other schools that still broadcast...FREE. UGA dropped out the minute they discovered another demographic of deep pockets!

Guess I'm just old school, but being a Grady Grad, with a degree in broadcasting, I firmly believe that what is and was transmitted in the public domain shouldn't be packaged for a fee...

Sorry for the rant, I've grown rather bitter over the years as a result of the seemingly endless desire to milk money from those that follow UGA sports!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
17 years 6 months ago #1517 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: Kentucky?
Perfectly understandable, NC Dawg. My first year on Gxtra was, coincidentally, the first year they started charging for the service. They even put a justification for it up on the website. I also discovered that this was the first year you couldn't get the Georgia games via WNGC's webcast; they got blacked out too. The great thing is that you can get video for "less popular" sports, like Diamond Dawgs baseball and occasionally Lady Dawgs basketball, for free with your $6.95 "audio-only" subscription. How do you think I watched all the non-tourney baseball games last year?

At least I can still get Braves broadcasts without paying at www.theboss.us

Don't tell anyone, though, they may steal them from you.

• dapolla
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds