Forum

SEC future quarterbacks

17 years 6 months ago #1482 by neutralguy
SEC future quarterbacks was created by neutralguy
I saw people talking about the SEC future quarterbacks. Stafford, Tebow, Mustain, John Parker Wilson... I think we miss one person here: Jonathan Crompton from UT. He was recurited as the #3 quarterback by UT back in 2005, and redshirted last year. So acturally he is in the same class as Stafford, Tebow and Mustain.

I am not sure how ya think about him, since he is back up Ainge this year, and probably will be next year, so not a lot of people notice this kid. I think his arm strength is not as good as Stafford, he is not as mobile as Tebow, and not as talented as Mustain. But I think because he spends one more year in college, especially under the tutelage of David Cutcliff, he will be a strong opponent in a few years.

Back up Ainge for maybe 2 years is his disadvantage as well. He lacks real game experience. But don't forget Shockley backs up Greene for 4 years, and still gets SEC title...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• neutralguy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #1484 by jacketexterminator24
Replied by jacketexterminator24 on topic Re: SEC future quarterbacks
Personally, I feel like Arkansas and Mustain have the best shot at winning it all, even more so than Florida. Arkansas has Darren Mcfadden in the backfield as well as Felix Jones and they have a pretty solid Defense. Combine that with Mustain who has not yet lost a start, then you have a pretty daunting task on your hands when you tee it up against the hawgs. Just my opinion.

• jacketexterminator24
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #1492 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: SEC future quarterbacks
I would pick Mustain because I think that the Razorbacks will do it this year. I have no doubt that Tebow will win an SEC title with the Gators -- much as that pains me, they've got TREMENDOUS talent -- but a) he won't lead them there this year, as it's still Leak's team, and b) I really, really think Arkansas will do it this year.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
17 years 6 months ago #1525 by copout8
Replied by copout8 on topic Re: SEC future quarterbacks
I am really looking foward to seeing Crompton play. As for Tebow has anyone him seen him stay in the pocket and make a clutch throw yet? I havent but maybe he has, but i dont like Florida so i dont like him either! LOL!

• copout8
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.022 seconds