Forum

2nd half turn overs

17 years 6 months ago #1467 by duck
2nd half turn overs was created by duck
am i just being pissed off or is there a chance that players of this team are tring to give the game away. i mean 4 turnovers in 4 games as we begin the 2nd half. everyone makes mistakes, bur come on in the past 4 games when we start the 2nd half we have had 3 fumbles and one interception. i even heard sportscasters on a sunday night show say the same thing. i have never seen such a sloppy non caring bunch of players since the ray goff years. we have talent, we have experienced players and for some reason cmr can not get this bunch ready to play. look at what spurrior does at sc with no talent. look at what dooley did back when he was coach and we did not recuit natonal players, he took no name players and he motivated them to playing 110%. most everyone on this board has given our d props, well ky has a terible d but you wait and see just like colorodo, miss and miss state worst teams in nation, our offence will not be able to do squat and our d will give up 20 to 35 points. this team has proven it plays to the level of the competition, so you can bet it will be a nail bitter.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• duck
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 6 months ago #1474 by norcodawg
Replied by norcodawg on topic Re: 2nd half turn overs
I ditto everything your saying.... what will it take for Richt to show some freaking emotion!!!!!!!!!! As I've said in other posts, the sideline demeanor from the coaches transfers to the players. We play so flat and emotionless!! CMR acts like he is still in the play booth, someone needs to tell him a head coach needs chew some ass , slap some helmets and get some fire under the players asses!!!!!!!!

• norcodawg
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #1475 by Getdown11
Replied by Getdown11 on topic Re: 2nd half turn overs
I dont know what the problem is with the offense. We had issues on offense last year too, specificaly in the red zone.

I think its because nobody is scared of our passing game. When you average 183 yards 1TD and 1 INT in the air a game thats not going to instill much fear in the opposition.

Our running has been decent. We average 4 yrds a carry and 124 a game. Granted we arent tailback U anymore but I think we could be a little more productive in this area.

Turnovers, tunrovers, and turnovers are killing us. We have given up 20 in 6 games. 12 of those being INTs. The fumbles are unacceptable but the picks Im guessing is from rotating 3 QBs through the first half of the season.

I too think CMR doesnt chew enough ass to motivate these guys sometimes.

I guess we just have to face the fact that we have a young team and this year may be the rebuilding season all the sports writers have been expecting from us. Hell even the coaches were at least half expecting it.

Go Dawgs!!!!

More
Time to create page: 0.025 seconds