Forum

WHICH 2 OF THE 3 ????

17 years 6 months ago #1428 by Elvisdawg
WHICH 2 OF THE 3 ???? was created by Elvisdawg
Gators, Tigers/Plainsmen/War Eagles (cant make up their minds), Yellow Jackets/Ramblin' Wreck/Engineers (cant make up their minds) If and at this point its a pretty BIG IF , we could beat 2 of the 3 who do you want the DAWGS to beat ? My personal picks are the Gators (my wife had several obnoxious Gator relatives in Florida) and Tech (North Atlanta Technical School for the easy of nerding) . I dont care for Tech and i dont care much for anyone who does. Yes, i do dislike smirking Tommy Tub-of-Goo , but i'd still rather beat the Gators and Jackets (is it too late to get some of those Clemson defensive backs to come over and play for us against Johnson ???) ha ha just kidding , but great job orange and purple Tigers !!! Lets hear your pick for 2 of the 3 you want most !!! GO DAWGS !!!

There is no greater stadium than Sanford, no greater running back than Walker and nothing greater in all of football than being a Georgia Bulldog !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Elvisdawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 6 months ago #1431 by norcodawg
Replied by norcodawg on topic Re: WHICH 2 OF THE 3 ????
Florida and Auburn !!!!!

• norcodawg
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #1433 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: WHICH 2 OF THE 3 ????
No, Florida and Tech......Losing the Tech game is cause to get a coach fired! Look what happened to Jim Donnan when he went 2-3 against GT. Losing 3 in a row to GT was one of the main reasons he lost his job. That and him trying to convince the Dawg Nation that Tech wasn't an important rival because they weren't in the SEC. A really stupid, stupid man to think that Tech didn't matter to folks in Athens. Yes, losing to AU is bad, too, but I can take that loss better than losing to Tech.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #1460 by UGAChemDawg
Replied by UGAChemDawg on topic Re: WHICH 2 OF THE 3 ????
I'd rather lose to Georgia Tech, simply because we own them and can easily start up another 5+ game winning streak.

It is critical that we start beating Auburn on a regular basis, because I don't want the series to get out of hand. They have what? A 3 game lead in the series? We need to keep it close and eventually overtake it. I don't want them getting up on us by 5+ games and it take us a quarter century to regain the lead.

More
17 years 6 months ago #1478 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: WHICH 2 OF THE 3 ????
I want Auburn BAD. They have proven how beatable they are...Arkansas exposed it and Florida hurt them pretty badly in the first half. They can be beaten.

That said, YOU DO NOT LOSE TO TECH. Donnan's a moron, no matter what his record says. Five years, forty wins? If you're at Georgia, you BETTER win 8 games a year. He needs to ask Ron Zook or Steve Spurrier or Bobby Bowden about how important it is to beat an in-state, out-of-conference rival. I remember Florida played FSU while I was in the hospital with my wife and newborn son, who until he was around four months old refused to sleep for more than a half hour at a time. Zook beat FSU. It was the first time since HOW LONG that they had beaten FSU in Gainesville? The Gators carried Zook off the field and the applause was so loud and sustained that it functioned like a white noise maker and put my son to sleep. That ain't no lie. Everybody in my family -- myself, my father, three uncles on both sides, aunt, grandmother -- went to Georgia at some point for some degree. YOU WIN THE TECH GAME. No matter how bad either team is, in any given year, that game will be tight, it will be hard-fought, there's gonna be a shoving match or a fistfight, and the loser...my god, the loser.

If you go 1-11, that one win better be the Tech game. They don't call it Clean Old-Fashioned Hate for nothing. This year, I'm taking my father to the Tech game; we're going with my uncle and my grandfather. And it's the only game for the rest of the year that I'm looking forward to.

And the first rhyme I learned as a child was "TO HECK WITH GEORGIA TECH!!!"

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds