Forum

CFN Challenge's Shockley!

18 years 6 months ago #140 by NC_Dawg
CFN Challenge's Shockley! was created by NC_Dawg
Some who read this may think its a stab against Shock and UGA. While I'm not a big fan of Zemek, I believe he has a valid and credible point.

Judge for yourself: www.collegefootballnews.com/2005/Columni...6/PP_Georgia_Ten.htm

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
18 years 6 months ago #152 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: CFN Challenge's Shockley!
I believe D.J. answered every question posed by that article and then some, huh?

More
18 years 6 months ago #154 by jgriffin
Replied by jgriffin on topic Re: CFN Challenge's Shockley!
At least he was considering the dawgs. I like to think I'm level headed when it comes to the press, but the chance that bias/politics might be involved with the national press keeps sticking out. Consider This (REM line) -
(1) Texas was fortunate against Ohio State - in fact they were beaten. But Ohio State was just man-handled by Penn! Who get's the national press?
(2) ESPN gave the dawgs win 8 seconds tonight, and highlighted the Tennessee interception. Texas got 150 sec. Wisc/Mich got 120 sec. Penn got 18 seconds as an afterthought.
Go figure!

• jgriffin
  • Visitor
18 years 6 months ago #157 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: CFN Challenge's Shockley!
The press being biased against the south is nothing new. Not only have I come to expect it, I have really come to ENJOY it. Lack of respect always makes winning sweeter. Unless you're an undefeated Auburn, that is! :mrgreen:

More
18 years 6 months ago #163 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Re: CFN Challenge's Shockley!
feeling the end result of last years pre-season media expectation. When we failed to reach the glorified accolades, they (the press) turned against us. This is not uncommon, in fact, it should be anticipated. Afterall, most of those that sit before the bright lights, wearing neatly pressed Italian suits, are washed up players and coaches living vicariously through the delights and failures of others.

The Dawgs will receive precious little love from the media until they have no other choice but to cover us! I am perfectly fine with the lack of coverage, for it allows the team to remain sharply focused on the game and not the hype that surrounds it!

On the matter of ESPN, they will never give much coverage to games not affiliated with their network. Since the game was carried by CBS, don't look for ESPN, or ABC to provide air time, sad state of affairs, but business is business! Nonetheless, there is ample room for media bias and this year is no different than any other. That's not to say that I agree with it, just that I understand that it is an unnecessary but prevelant component part of the machine we love to hate....the media.

For the record, I'm a Grady Grad, Mass Communications/Telecommunications/Journalism!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds