Forum

Spread Option

18 years 6 months ago #130 by southernlover
Spread Option was created by southernlover
After repeatedly hearing about Urban Myers highly vaunted spread option offense for the last two years, it appears that the facts have been presented and judgment issued. IT SUXS!! Maybe that's a little overboard but what can you say about an offense that has managed just 1 touchdown against two good defensive teams. Maybe I was just tired of the hype. Tired of hearing about all the football programs "dispatching" assistant coaches to Gainseville to learn the way it works. Maybe Leak isn't smart enough to run it?? Who knows and UF may find traction yet but it does drive home one obvious point that most of the sports writers and talking heads don't seem to comprehend. The Mountain west isn't the SEC, isn't even close.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• southernlover
  • southernlover's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bull Dawg
More
18 years 6 months ago #131 by oledawg
Replied by oledawg on topic Re: Spread Option
I think the problem is that Leak is not the quarterback to run it. At least thats all the sports talkers say. Obviously against a good "D' they are right.

More
18 years 6 months ago #133 by jgriffin
Replied by jgriffin on topic Re: Spread Option
I agree with Oledawg. It seems that an offense should be tailored to the talents/skills of the players. Military leaders have known this for centuries. UF players weren't recruited for his offense. I still don't understand the spread offense vs. west coast. Give credit to the urnge coaches for their adjustments at halftime. Note that LSU's coaches had no reason to make adjustments, and failed to counter. On Fulmer (PhatPhil) - is it possible that politics have prevailed over football focus, or is someone else really calling the shots? He doesn't have a history of being stupid (being lucky, yes).

• jgriffin
  • Visitor
18 years 6 months ago #143 by Elvisdawg
Replied by Elvisdawg on topic Re: Spread Option
The former sherrif in our county was one of the first to take the tv's out of the jail and paint the cells pink with blue crybaby bears painted on the walls. Urban ,just as the Mountain West aint the SEC , as our former sherrif use to say, "This aint Mayberry and I'm not Andy" . We have met the "Urban Legend" and found out he is the "Urban Myth !" or we could say "This aint the Mountain West and you aint Steve Spurrier " GO DAWGS !

There is no greater stadium than Sanford, no greater running back than Walker and nothing greater in all of football than being a Georgia Bulldog !

More
Time to create page: 0.025 seconds