Forum

Go Scarlett Knights!!!

17 years 6 months ago #1196 by UGAChemDawg
Go Scarlett Knights!!! was created by UGAChemDawg
My heart is truely touched. As I was searching the College Football Data Warehouse for information to find out who has played the most games of any division 1 college football school, I came across the list I was looking for and, what to my surprise...who is this powerhouse that has participated in more division 1 football games than any other team in the land?

Was it Michigan, Notre Dame, or perhaps this year's frontrunner Ohio State? Nope. None of the all time greats. Not Nebraska, not Oklahoma, not Texas, not even Georgia Tech themselves!

It was ::drumroll:: Rutgers!

Yes, that public university up in New Jersey being known for...absolutely nothing. They are currently undefeated and ranked in the top 20 in the Big East. Since so much shit has happened this year, I hope our little Jersey friends can do us a solid and give us a nice cinderella storyline. They're in the same conference as Louisville and West Virginia. It is a foregone conclusion amoung fans and analysts that whoever wins the Louisiville/WVa game will go undefeated and waltz right into some bowl where they don't belong, simply because they're in a conference with an automatic bid and their only big game is against each other.

Not anymore. Rutgers in on the scene and could be a thorn in someone's side.

So, aside from my Dawgs and my allegiance to my SEC brethern, and my following of the goings on in the Big 10 in anticipation of #1 Ohio State meeting #2 Michigan at the end of the season in a game that will go down as this century's "Game of the century!" until at least 2050, the team that I'm going to be following and pulling for and drowning my sorrows with a round of Jack Daniels if they don't make it, is the Rutgers Scarlet Knights.

Don't you just love their name? Just homosexual enough to make the quarterback seem just metrosexual enough to swoon over after the big game. My hats' off to you boys. Go surprise some people. Ruin a couple title shots for those two dandies, Louisivlle and West Virginia. Hell, if you go unbeaten, with wins against those two, maybe you'll end up in the title game yourself, and then we can have our first real slaughter in a national championship game, as the mighty Ohio State Buckeyes flick their nuts at you with just the proper speed and altitude to provoke you into swatting them with your scarlet swords. Distracted, they steamroll you and show you what real, BCS football is all about and why you're really just a mid major conference. But, it's all good. You'll be heros in the hearts of your alumni and legends in your state.

Think about who you want to play you now 'cause Kevin Smith is gonna buy the rights and Silent Bob is taking the snaps. Springstein will write your anthem and Bon Jovi will go platinum again thanks to you.

Yeah, give us something like that to talk about while we're wasting away in Shreveport Louisianna or some other town that's the Macon, GA of that state, watching our Dawgs lose one last time in a bowl with its third name in 5 years.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UGAChemDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.020 seconds