Forum

our defence

17 years 6 months ago #1148 by duck
our defence was created by duck
what has happened to our defence, i know the offence has put them in situatons with the interceptions and fumbles, but why can we not come up with a scheme to sopt the passes over the middle. tenn did it to us on most every down across the middle and worked the ball up and down the field. then her comes vandy doing the same thing. i mean come on where is the adjustments to stop the wide open receivers across the middle. we have 3 and 5 our backs play 10 to 15 yards off the line very easy to pick up first down. there is just something wrong with this team. i don't know what is is, but we have enough experence back from last year that the close games with col, miss and vandy sould never have happened. coach says that there is unity but to me something seems different. never have i seen a ga team play poorly the first 2 quarters and then play like they are suppose to and then the next time plat good the first 2 quarters and just quit the last 2. they all seem to just walk around no intentsity and what has happened to tackling practice. they act like beginners as far as tackling, miss after miss. also what do ya'll think the problem is with the receivers. we have had more dropped balls so fat then we had all of last year. are the guys scared to get hit or what. it seems like they are dropping the balls on purpose. i don't know, just have not seen a team with the talent we have act like this. coachs first year he did a great job motivating the players to finish the drill so what is the problem now.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• duck
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 6 months ago #1151 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: our defence
Answers to your 2 questions: 1. Defense: Martinez is a read and react defensive coach where Van Gorder was an attack defense--- granted we are talented at d-back but very young. I feel Martinez is the D-coach so you have to look at him first . 2. Receivers: with MoMass the exception, the rest aren't very good--see Matthew Stafford post. Just my opinion.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 6 months ago #1153 by jacketexterminator24
Replied by jacketexterminator24 on topic Re: our defence
has anyone cosidered that maybe we just aren't that talented on D? Moses hasn't showed up at all, our corners suck and put Martinez in the position to play nothing but a zone defense, and Nobody and I mean NOBODY has stepped up as a leader on either side of the ball. Tony Taylor and Charles Johnson are the only ones who have played above mediocre on D. Gant hasn't shown up, Moses hasn't shown up, Battle hasn't shown up. These are your leaders who haven't done their jobs. I'm tired of people patting these boys on the back and telling them Good Effort when they haven't done shit! Don't blame your coaches, blame your players!

• jacketexterminator24
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #1155 by dawgsince5
Replied by dawgsince5 on topic Re: our defence
This is a very different Dawg team than we are used to seeing. I agree that our intensity has not really been there. I wee no true leadership on this team. I can't believe all the dropped passes, mostly from M.Stafford. Our deffence is awful. Without unity and intensity we are not a team. I still believe things can turn around, but that doesn't mean they will. On another subject, I heard some comments from other Dawgs fans when the Tenn. FLammers were here that they bet that those guys did not even attend UT. I turned that around to myself. I did not attend UGA, but several people in my family have. That doesn't mean my comments are unsubstancial. I have not even attended college. I hope that these Dawg Fans don't feel that you have to be a graduate to truely love UGA. If it is then I picked the wrong forum.

Anyways GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• dawgsince5
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #1157 by Getdown11
Replied by Getdown11 on topic Re: our defence
I say we bring back VanGorder. Just my 2 cents.

Go Dawgs!!!!

More
17 years 6 months ago #1166 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: our defence
I agree with you Getdown 11, pay him more than GSU and get him BACK!!!

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds