Forum

Running Game

18 years 7 months ago #110 by TNdawgfan
Running Game was created by TNdawgfan
We have 3 excellent running backs, but only one of them is suited to operate out of CMR's debatably effective shotgun formations: Thomas Brown. Danny Ware and Kregg Lumpkin are smashmouth runners, more suited to run out of the I than the shotgun. I hope this offense is just a smokescreen, as I am sure that UT and Fat Phil and Chunky Chavis will be able to stop this madness, especially after the experience they gained in the game against UF. Running out of the gun is ok if it is every once in a while, but every down is just lunacy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• TNdawgfan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 years 7 months ago #115 by southernlover
Replied by southernlover on topic Re: Running Game
I couldn't agree more. Some running out of the gun is necessary just to keep the D honest but as you most likely saw in the UF/Tenn game, the much hyped spread offense mustered a measely 7 points against a good Tenn defense. With the big O line that dawgs fans like myself have been waiting on for years, we need to line and run it down their throats. If we can't establish the run against quality defenses then we can forget an SEC title, much less a shot at the big prize.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.021 seconds