Forum

Don't give up the fight.

17 years 6 months ago #1093 by UnderDog37
Don't give up the fight. was created by UnderDog37
So we lost one. So what?! We have went thru the past 5 seasons losing at least one game, and we STILL went to Atlanta and played for the title 3 times out of the last 5, and won 2 of them to boot! Yes, we have our nay-sayers, most recently Mr Mark Bradley from the AJC, who sez we will lose at least 3 more, including the Tech game. I don't think things are as bad as he seems to think, but, again, so what? It was SUPPOSED to be a rebuilding year, anyway, with an untested Joe T, and 2 green freshmen QBs. I will still not trade places with the other teams over the last 5 years, because we still have the best record in the SEC over that span. Too many people wanna debate facts and figures, but the real fact is that we do have the best record in the SEC over the last 5 years. Until any other SEC team can match our record, they need to shut their pie-holes. 57-14 under Coach Richt.....remember THOSE facts and figures, and also remember how bad it was under Donnan. In order to get a proper perspective, you should be here in Seminole country with me, and listen to these crybabies whine and demand Bobby Bowden's head on a pole.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UnderDog37
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #1101 by RJ
Replied by RJ on topic Re: Don't give up the fight.
Good post...are the dogs still going to Hotlanta?...for the Peach Bowl maybe? :lol:

• RJ
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #1163 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: Don't give up the fight.
No, we won't be playing in the Peach Bowl. Right now, the only wins I can guarantee us, until we start doing SOMETHING again on defense, are against MSU and...well, I can't even really guarantee a win against Kentucky. We could go 6-6 and miss a bowl. I'm willing to guarantee losses against Auburn and Florida and probably Tech, the way we're playing right now.

a) The offense has no identity beyond Kregg Lumpkin
b) The defense not only doesn't blitz, but doesn't cover receivers
c) The cornerbacks keep their backs to the ball rather than reading receivers' eyes and turning around for easy interceptions or blocked passes(2 against Vandy alone!)
d) We fail to capitalize on mistakes(2 runback touchdowns in the loss to Tennessee, 2 interceptions, one for a touchdown, in the loss to VU)
e) Even when it appears his very job is on the line(remember what happened to the last coach who lost to Vandy?), Richt can't seem to break out of his conservative game plan. What are you THINKING not going for it on 4th-and-2 against VANDERBILT?

Hey, I'll be at the last two home games this year. And I'll watch every game Georgia plays in from beginning to end. I'm no fairweather fan and I'm no quitter. But we HAVE to make some adjustments, or we'll be sitting home, not even qualifying for a trip to Shreveport.

My optimistic prediction? 7-5, and a trip to the Independence Bowl against Texas A&M or something.

Then again, everyone knew going in that this would be a rebuilding year. I just didn't think that with a schedule as vanilla as ours is we'd be looking at 7-5 this early.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
17 years 6 months ago #1168 by stiggywiggy
Replied by stiggywiggy on topic Re: Don't give up the fight.

So we lost one.

I'm not sure you dogs can count much higher than one, but things have changed.

• stiggywiggy
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds