Forum

Question for Dawg Family

17 years 6 months ago #1055 by RedDawg
Question for Dawg Family was created by RedDawg
I havent had access to my PC for a coulple days and I havent seen anything on this subject yet but why didnt the Coach change out the quarterback end of third quarter or beginning of fourth? At that point it seemed appropriate to bring in Stafford or Cox for something different.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 years 6 months ago #1058 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: Question for Dawg Family
Because, RedDawg, these are the types of coaches we get in Georgia: loyal to a fault. Why did Richt play David Greene for so long in the 2004 Tennessee game when DJ had proven two straight years that he had the Vols' number? Why does Bobby Cox leave pitchers in too damn long? Why has Chan Gailey stuck by Reggie Ball the way he has? Not that I'm mad at him, you understand...I wish Ball would get another seven or eight years of eligibility, with the boneheaded moves he's made in past games against us...but you know what I mean. Joe T should have gotten ONE possession at the top of the 3rd quarter to prove himself. After that, put in Cox or Stafford...preferably Cox. Instead, he got the whole second half to blow it up.

But it wasn't the quarterback only. We didn't blitz, we didn't protect Ely-Kelso on that punt, our receivers didn't get open, and we couldn't block their D-line. The only thing that worked the whole game was our return game and Kregg Lumpkin. Regardless of who was under center, we just plain stunk Saturday night. And Tennessee's good enough this year to make us look bad when we stink.

Man, it sure does feel good to stink and STILL hang up 33 though, doesn't it? I mean, nothing feels good if you don't win, but if you play as bad as we did and still scored 33...you gotta feel good about the future. Because we're not going to play that badly every week.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
17 years 6 months ago #1060 by RedDawg
Replied by RedDawg on topic Re: Question for Dawg Family
yep that sums it up. Thanks dapolla. make s me wonder if we can put up those points playing badly then what could we really do with our A game.

More
17 years 6 months ago #1061 by DawgNeil
Replied by DawgNeil on topic Re: Question for Dawg Family

Why did Richt play David Greene for so long in the 2004 Tennessee game when DJ had proven two straight years that he had the Vols' number?

Oh, I don't know...because Greene was the starter when we beat UT in 2001, 2002, and 2003?

DJ had UT's # the two years before? Where?

2003 Stats for DJ against UT - 0/1 with an INT and 2 rushes for 32 yards

Greene on the other hand was 22/27 for 225+ yards and 1 TD and no INT's v. UT in 2003

• DawgNeil
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.023 seconds