Forum

Yet another reason we need to beat Florida...

16 years 6 months ago #7888 by DawgFanInTn
Replied by DawgFanInTn on topic Re:Yet another reason we need to beat Florida...
He will not be the first underclassman to win the Heisman. Herschel won it as an underclassman, as have some others.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks George Rogers got the Heisman because the voters didn't want a freshman to get it. Herschel should have had three, and four if he stays another year.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 6 months ago #7896 by dapolla
Herschel should have at least gotten it in both '80 and '82.

Everyone worries about freshmen and sophomores getting the Heisman, but every year when it comes down to it, most members of the press say \"If Herschel Walker didn't win it in 1980, no freshman should ever win it.\" I heard that about Adrian Peterson, heard it about Darren McFadden, heard it about Tebow last year. They'll wait till his junior year, I think. I think this year you're looking at Colt Brennan or Ray Rice. McFadden might still have a chance if Arkansas can turn their season around. And don't count out Glen Dorsey; there's been a lot of hype about him being the first truly defensive player in fifty years to win the trophy (Woodson played both sides of the ball at Michigan).

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
16 years 6 months ago #7902 by miss_uga
wlayton wrote:

NO, NO and NNNNNOOOOOOOO...........AGAIN.

HW was totally robbed of the Heisman.

HAHAHA!! TOTALLY cracking me up!!!!!!!!!! And I second that!

• miss_uga
  • Visitor
16 years 6 months ago #7908 by wlayton
miss_uga, at least you know how I feel.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 6 months ago #7940 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re:Yet another reason we need to beat Florida...
There's a great article about HUSHEL in the special edition of SI about the SEC. What a role model! Now if we could only get him to talk to the team this week and maybe Vince and maybe Erk's spirit as well. I have a feeling this is UGA VI's last year, bring him along too. And Munson! I'm hunkerin down, ignoring these effete Gators. GO DAWGS!

More
16 years 6 months ago #7944 by wlayton
Right averagedawg......JUST BLOCK IT OUT.....JUST BLOCK IT OUT.....JUST BL, dang, just can't seem to block it out yet.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds