Forum

Dawgs Bye Weeks

16 years 6 months ago #7634 by McShea87
Dawgs Bye Weeks was created by McShea87
Coach Richt is 9-2 coming off bye weeks with both losses coming to Auburn (2001) 24-17 and in 2005 (31-30)…Throughout the 90’s Florida has had a bye week before playing Georgia in 1993,1994,1995,1996,1997,1998,1999,2000,2001,2002,2003,2005,2006,…Georgia won in 1997….and in 2004, the last time Florida didn’t have a bye week before playing us….No wonder they dominated us in the 90’s, However this year they do not have a bye week and we do……It is a major advantage to have a bye week (i.e. Tenn. Had a bye week before playing us and practically knew our entire playbook and then looked unprepared and got whooped by Bama yesterday) This bye week is something our coaches MUST take full advantage of and get the most out of the players, and I believe Coach Richt will have the team prepared for this game like they were prepared against Ok St…..It seems like everything is lining up for us to have a shot at SEC east, so beating Florida is a must and there will be no excuse for our players to be unprepared for this game……I expect a win. Go dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• McShea87
  • McShea87's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bull Dawg
More
16 years 6 months ago #7636 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re:Dawgs Bye Weeks
You are right. Hopefully, we are prepared and healthy. Motivation should not be an issue. This is our moment to shine. We have the tools, we must use them..

More
16 years 6 months ago #7642 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Dawgs Bye Weeks
If we aren't extremely prepared for this game AND play like it, then...............reassessment of the staff should be an understatement.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 6 months ago #7652 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:Dawgs Bye Weeks
No doubt about that, wlayton.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
16 years 6 months ago #7657 by DawgSpeare
Replied by DawgSpeare on topic Re:Dawgs Bye Weeks
I agree. What a game yesterday between LSU and Auburn. I was sure that LSU would win even after trailing by 10 at halftime. But I was quite surprised at the grit and play of Auburn. They played a great game. Neither of those teams should be ashamed of losing that game.

And defense! Will Muschamp was superb! IMO the discriminating observer does not coolly say, \"Yeah, but they lost.\" Rather, one should observe that both teams played their hearts out. They left it all on the field. They gave everything. I picked LSU and rooted for them, but I was very, very impressed w/ Auburn. One cannot say enough for such effort. It is enobling for both teams to play so well and to persevere to the final, fleeting moments. What effort, what a game; that is SEC football!

We can only hope and pray that our Dawgs will give in a similar manner at the next assembly of gridiron gladiators...in the great colliseum...in Jax...in THE GAME!

More
16 years 6 months ago #7742 by GatorinGA
Replied by GatorinGA on topic Re:Dawgs Bye Weeks
McShea87 wrote:

Coach Richt is 9-2 coming off bye weeks with both losses coming to Auburn (2001) 24-17 and in 2005 (31-30)…Throughout the 90’s Florida has had a bye week before playing Georgia in 1993,1994,1995,1996,1997,1998,1999,2000,2001,2002,2003,2005,2006,…Georgia won in 1997….and in 2004, the last time Florida didn’t have a bye week before playing us….No wonder they dominated us in the 90’s, However this year they do not have a bye week and we do……It is a major advantage to have a bye week (i.e. Tenn. Had a bye week before playing us and practically knew our entire playbook and then looked unprepared and got whooped by Bama yesterday) This bye week is something our coaches MUST take full advantage of and get the most out of the players, and I believe Coach Richt will have the team prepared for this game like they were prepared against Ok St…..It seems like everything is lining up for us to have a shot at SEC east, so beating Florida is a must and there will be no excuse for our players to be unprepared for this game……I expect a win. Go dawgs!

I agree.
I went over all of this in my thread from two weeks ago.

More
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds