Forum

A Brief Look at NC Picture

16 years 7 months ago #7375 by DawgSpeare
A Brief Look at NC Picture was created by DawgSpeare
Ohio State's next 5 games are vs formidable opponents.
BC's next 5 games are vs formidable opponents (FO).
USF: 3 or 4 of next 6 games are vs FO.
Okla only has about 2 of its next 5 games vs FO.
LSU has 2 maybe 3 of its next 5 games vs FO.
So. Carolina has 5 of its next 5 games vs FO.
Cal has 4 of its next 6 games vs FO.
Oregon has 4 of its next 6 games vs FO.
UK has 4 of its next 5 games vs FO.
WVU has 4 of its next 6 games vs FO.
UF has 5 of its next 6 games vs FO.
And just for interest's sake:
UGA has 4 or 5 of its next 5 games vs FO.

Contusion: Just from the perspective of schedule and current rankings, LSU should play OU for the NC. USF may have the highest probability of going undefeated based on the above info.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• DawgSpeare
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 7 months ago #7377 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:A Brief Look at NC Picture
I would love to see LSU crush Ohio State, er, uh, I mean, THE Ohio State University about 40-0 in the NC game. LSU needs to get by AU this weekend and for the life of me, I don't know how OSU can be ranked #1 with the schedule they have played so far. Youngstown State? Kent ST? Northwestern? Minnesota? Please, give me a break, USF should be #1. Much tougher schedule, beat AU @ AU, beat WVU when ranked #5 etc.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #7384 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re:A Brief Look at NC Picture
wlayton, for ages this type of rating has been going on. Even before the BCS, the AP and UPI without fail would take the Big 10 teams and rate them higher than teams from other regions. Think that it has to do with population and such nonsense as that. Last year was no fluke. Florida beat the you know what out of THE Ohio State football team. Play the same two teams 10 times and Florida would beat them 10 times. They can't shove Michigan down anyones throat . . . . Notre Dame, (Independent) well what can you say. If THE Ohio State is the best team that the BCS can rate number one. . . . .think maybe this whole BCS deal is for the birds. Like a lot of us have said for many years . . . . . come on down, play this SEC schedule and we will see where this plays out. Go Dawgs!

More
16 years 7 months ago #7399 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:A Brief Look at NC Picture
OSU has fattened up on so many cupcakes they might be diabetic.

The OP said all their remaining opponents are FOs? I say no. Michigan is the only other remotely respectable team in the Big 10+1.

Troy has played a harder schedule than OSU. I guess Dayton community college was already booked.

USF has a real defense and could really run the table. Any team with the speed to stop Pat White and Steve Slaton is for real.

I am pulling for LSU

More
16 years 7 months ago #7402 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:A Brief Look at NC Picture
Totally agree with everything you just said. USF's D is awesome and if Les Miles could go ahead and go on an extended vacation until Feb. '08, LSU could win it all !!

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #7409 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:A Brief Look at NC Picture
I know there's almost no chance of it happening, but as long as it's still mathematically possible, I'm hoping we end LSU's NC chances in the SEC title game.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds