Forum

Our problem.

16 years 7 months ago #7343 by dawg1454
Our problem. was created by dawg1454
After 4 hours of research I have decided that no Willie is not the best DC out there but the problem we have is our players do not go after the ball enough.And some of the responsablity also lies on Stafford ,o-line and receivers but ill get into that in a min.In the pre-CWM era from 2000-2004 we were averageing 24.8 TO's a year 308.84 ypg 16.6 ppg 24.6 TD's p year 13.8 INT per year. Now to the willie era 29.5 TO's a yr 297.1 ypg but heres the kicker weve been holding them to less yards (This yr being an execption because were averaging 319.6 ppg) but were giving up way more points at 17.9 ppg over 2.5 yrs (This yr is 19.7 and we havent hit the real meat yet) we gave away 27.5 TD's per yr over the past 2 yrs. And so far this yr we only have 2 INTs. So the way i see it were (this year being an execption ) that were giving it up more in the red zone but overall the \"d\" does not look as good but on paper we dont look bad(not that im saying that we look good). Plus we dont have the bit hit that we had before with blue and Thurman. I also think were weak on both lines and i think thats where the problem starts on both sides of the ball.If we had thrown fewer INTs last yr the d accually held and we might have won some of those games. But Stafford has improved alot and may only have 7-8 INTs this yr and no more than 5-6 each of the next two after looking at the numbers and seeing that greene threw 10 his first yr and 8-9 the rest of his college career and shockley threw 4 his senior year i have alot more faith here.That being said i see now that not all of what stafford has produced was all of his fault it lies more with the line and his RECEIVERS or lack there of and if he had time to throw he might could hit some of the wide open receivers. But all of that being said yes our D need to wrap up and attack the ball more AND STOP THEM IN THE RED ZONE not one side of the team can win or lose a game. Does CWM need to go most likey or get better recruits teach the guys he has that they need to get the ball and wrap up not just make one arm tackles. The real differance b/t the teams of today and 3-4 yrs ago is heart and the good talent is better but the bad is worse (espically on D).But i feel with better receivers (like the ones that greene had) we would have more oppertunies to score and with better talent on the backside of the ball we might could acually stop some one. But i have to say that i feel our main problem is recuriting which dose ult lies on the coaching staff. Thanks for reading and tell me what you think.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dawg1454
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 years 6 months ago #7459 by dawg3447
Replied by dawg3447 on topic Re:Our problem.
Wrong, the real problem starts at the top. Since Richt has got to athens, there has been discipline problems across the board. That shows a weakness in authority. This has inevitably carried over onto the practice and playing field. Greene didn't have better receivers, he had a better O-Line, as well as D.J. pushing him to be consistent. Since receivers were brought up, Whoever the receiving coach is needs to be fined, and beaten, Look at the talent we have had, Gibson, Brown, Bailey, Massaqui..etc. All very talented but flopped in the long run, this a sign of poor coaching. Regardless of the stats, the defense has gotten progressively worse since Martinez, Van Gorder would have never allowed the past 2 UT games to happen. The play calling is in regression as well, Richt was never a good play caller at FSU let alone with us, He just had amazing talent in a league that nobody could match up with. Well this aint FSU or the ACC. We have the talent but so does the rest of the SEC.The retardation that has cost Thomas brown and Lumpkin at the hands of Bobo, and lack of oversight by Richt should never be accepted in Athens. In the off season Mark went to speak with CEO's from fortune 500 companies about leadership, I pray I am not invested in any of these corporations, based on the current results. By the way how did Bobo get the job anyway? Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't he the one that came out in the Banner Herald saying that the taunts from the fans made him want to kill himself when he was the starting QB? This is who you sign on as a play caller, that decision alone would have signaled his lack of concern for the success of the program. Then after a \"Tough\" which should not have been win at Vandy the only time you show emotion is at the end of the game grabbing players. What a moron there is a difference between class and fear that someone might say something bad about you, he is more scared of the media than he is concerned about the play of our team. He is weak, will always be weak, He is not nor will he ever be an SEC coach and any of you who know anything about the conference know that this is true. Stop saying that He is a good coach but...... Wrong He is a lousy coach, a weak leader in a sport where strength is critical. Martinez, Bobo are his coaches and his doing so he is to blame. Mark is a good recruiter thats it, we won a SEC championship off of the talent he got, not his coaching. Well if that is the case let the talent play and shut your mouth. Still not convinced that he is less than smart, Name 1 other Div ! contending team who allows their starting QB to be a starter on special teams..... I raise you a Joe T. nuff said.
I love my Dawgs and have for my entire life, no matter what happens, but this is the first year that I wished we lost every game just to get Mark and the rest of the clowns fired. Stop saying that he is a good coach because what determines that, your record. Stop saying he has a good road record because they conveniently leave off the UF losses. He and his staff needs to go and I will help move them if necessary!!!!!!! Dooley please save us! You can throw all of the stats out there you want but as a true Dawg fan you know our boys are playing like they are coached to play and this is beyond disgusting.........
Stop drinking the Kool-Aid realize that the head coach is the problem and fire this baboon before he wrecks our great program.

• dawg3447
  • Visitor
16 years 6 months ago #7464 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Our problem.
Man dawg3447, did you just lose your best friend? I don't care how much talent you have,you don't win 2 SEC Championships and play for a third in the FIRST 6 years of EVER being a HC. Have to admit that your post really ticks me off and totally unwarranted. No discipline? Why don't you look at a Florida, or a Tenn. where there is NO discipline!! There are incidents with 18, 19, 20 year old athletes ALL over the country in every program, it's how and what you do with the kids at that point is where CMR has a NO tolerance with his players. Against Clemson a few years ago about 6-8 players (starters) weren't allowed to even GO to the game because of being disciplined. I'm not even going any further defending CMR, it's a waste of my time. My first take on your post was that you weren't even a Dawg fan. These kind of posts aren't acceptable in my book.

BTW, agree that David Greene had a better OL but he ALSO had much better receivers, Brown, Gibson, Watson and McMichael went to the NFL and Brown, Watson and McMichael are starters or have started. Neither Bailey or MoMass will play in the NFL or any other of our receivers for that matter.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 6 months ago #7467 by dawg3447
Really JYD, I raise you a Larry Coker with Butch Davis Miami squad, Won a championship played for another, Charlie Weiss with Ty Willinghams squad. So dont tell me a poor coach cant inherit talent, Oh in case you forgot Some of our boys sold their SEC Champ rings correct. I am not saying that all programs do not have their issues, but to have then and still lose, what does that tell you...........Obviously you are still drinking the Kool-Aid.................So you think our performance is O.K. then, You think we have been ready to play at any point this season? Get your head together, if you really are a dawg fan we wouldnt be having this discussion............Not against each other any way, You are a \"CMR\" fan I use the \"C\" sparingly!

• dawg3447
  • Visitor
16 years 6 months ago #7475 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Our problem.
If you would take the time to read all of my posts from the past week you would see where I stand on the coaching issues. Before you make a stupid comment that \"I'm drinking the cool aid\" why don't you do a little research into my comments regarding our performance, coaching staff and other coaches we should go after to hire. I've been just as unhappy with our performance as well but there's more to the situation than just wholesale firing the staff. They've forgotten more football than you and I will ever learn. Do you think the coaches can do your job as good as you do (assuming you have one)......of course they can't and we don't even have a clue what's involved with the intricacies of their's as well.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 6 months ago #7480 by dawg3447
No I haven't read all of your posts, I just got on here today actually. I do have a job, and no they could not do it, but I have been involved with Div 1 athletics for the past 10 years, so I am personally familiar with what to do and what not to do as a asst coach, coordinator, and head coach at this level. The time and commitment it takes to get to the top at this level is laudable, but that means nothing if you don't use the talent you have and avoid the repeating the same mistakes over and over again. So maybe he is a good coach, just an ignorant adult, you choose. The same play book, the same schemes are and will always be predictable and therefore beatable. Like it or not while watching the games, you know when its going up the middle, you know when the screens are coming and you know when Stafford is going to Chandler, Think about it it if we can figure this out so can good coordinators around the conference! Bottom line, they are not getting it done and our boys are not ready to play! So who is to blame, the fans, the season ticket holders, maybe Hairy Dawg, according to you this seems to be the case either way when kids aren't prepared the the parents are to blame, applies in life and in football sorry champ thats just how it is!

• dawg3447
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds