Forum

Who else is going to Jacksonville?

16 years 6 months ago #7342 by UGAChemDawg
Who else is going to Jacksonville? was created by UGAChemDawg
So, which one of my fellow Dawgs forum posters will be making their way to the Florida game in Jacksonville on the 27th? I am going, and this will be my first Georgia game attended as a non-student. Gonna be kind of weird going there but not making the customary pilgramage down from Athens. I'll be coming over from Albany, GA.

Let's hope that whatever happened last year that made us go from the verge of collapse to rising up against Auburn and putting down three straight ranked opponents happens again a little sooner this year.

I want to be able to tell my grandkids about being there at part of the slaughter during that infamous 2007 season that saw the mighty Gators lose to Auburn, LSU, Kentucky, Georgia, South Carolina, and FSU and not go to a bowl game and got Urban Myer fired.

When my grandkids are at UGA and hear me being nostalgic about Jacksonville, they will not understand because the Florida game won't be what it used to be, and Florida won't be a very big rival and just another run-of-the-mill team on the SEC schedule like Mississippi State or Vanderbilt. It will all stem back to what is going on this year. Florida will go down in flames as its season spins out of control and the boosters and powers that be will bring the axe down on Meyer's head. Having given itself a reputation as being too tough on coaches because of the Zook firing and the firing of Meyer the year after he won the national championship, nobody will want to coach football at UF. Top candidates will begin to pass them up for other schools, and South Florida will suck their recruits dry. The next 40 years will see the Dawgs go something like 33-7 against them with two 10+ game winning streaks thrown in there.

Saturday, October 27th, Georgia will help drive the knife a little deeper into the heart of the Gators football program and send them once and for all back to the pre-Spurrier era where they belong.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UGAChemDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 6 months ago #7345 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:Who else is going to Jacksonville?
I like the way you think, chemdawg. I won't be able to join you in Jax, but I'm happy to hear that you will witness this historic game that ultimately leads to the demise of UF.B)

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
16 years 6 months ago #7347 by duckdawg
Replied by duckdawg on topic Re:Who else is going to Jacksonville?
i will be there, north end zone, 2nd section up and i can't wait. i will also go to the landing the night before by boat.:woohoo:

• duckdawg
  • Visitor
16 years 6 months ago #7349 by otisgunn
Replied by otisgunn on topic Re:Who else is going to Jacksonville?
being a Gator in Az, I will be watching nervously
regardless of what the spreaders in Vegas say, and I imagine they will be giving points to the Dawgs, and even though they are right more than wrong, I know the Dawgs can prove them wrong...
the best team that day will win, we'll be watching to see who show's up,
all the best to all, should be fun,
Otis

• otisgunn
  • Visitor
16 years 6 months ago #7357 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Who else is going to Jacksonville?
UGAChemDawg, I would give $10,000 for you to be right on your prediction. But realistically I'll just give the $ to you for whatever you are smoking. lol

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 6 months ago #7363 by welchdawg
Replied by welchdawg on topic Re:Who else is going to Jacksonville?
goin as a tailgaitor...my first time ever against the Gators...could somebody give me some info on tailgaitin down in the swamps...it seems my friends are worried that we'll get down there and not be able to park...any help???

• welchdawg
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds