Forum

I hope USF wins the national championship...

16 years 6 months ago #7203 by UGAChemDawg
Now that LSU has gone down, it doesn't look like an SEC team will represent in the BCS title game. I was actually sad to see them lose, because since Georgia obviously isn't going to win the national championship, I was hoping that it would stay in conference. As a rule, with Florida being the lone exception, if Georgia is not in a position to go all the way and another SEC team is, I will root for that team as long as they are not playing us.

Now, my hope is that South Florida will win it all. That would really shake things up in the college football world. A new program, formerly of only regional intestest in southern Florida whose biggest game was against UCF each year, playing its first season in a BCS conference and upstaging all the other Florida powers.

We sure could use another legitimate 4th power in the state of Florida to help thin out the talent pool down there and recruit away from Urban Meyer.

Plus, what a fitting end to a season defined by improbabilities and upsets...the new guy coming out of nowhere and winning it all and a quarterback from Hawaii winning the Heisman (thought Woodson has to be the frontrunner for that after tonight). Plus, can you imagine how it would grate on the nerves of Florida fans everywhere. I wish I could be a fly on a wall (make that a bratwurst) at some Gator fan's bowl party when USF wins the title.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UGAChemDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 6 months ago #7207 by dawg1454
I cant say i disagree with you it would be a heck of alot better seeing them win over another little ten team but i believe that the powers at be will give the one loss trogans the bowl game over a legit usf team because the BCS is BS.

• dawg1454
  • Visitor
16 years 6 months ago #7209 by wlayton
South Florida would be a GREAT story but don't count LSU out yet. One loss still can play for the NC.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 6 months ago #7211 by UGAChemDawg
Replied by UGAChemDawg on topic Re:I hope USF wins the national championship...
I hope USF ends up in the title game against Ohio State and spanks them like Florida did last year. Ohio state would then have the dubious honor of playing for the football championship in 2006-2007, the basketball championship in 2007, and the football championship in 2007-2008 and losing them all. Kind of makes the Big Ten look like a one-team conference that can't finish the drill...oh, but wait, that is what they are.

• UGAChemDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 6 months ago #7212 by dawg1454
wlayton wrote:

GREAT story but don't count LSU out yet. One loss still can play for the NC.

wlayton count them out along with usf if usc wins out because the bcs is very biais to the trogans. I hate to say it but they were tring to compare the pac-10 to the sec just to weeks ago.(which is bs) but if usc wins out the rest of the year and ohio state beats mich (which is really sad that app state beat them but litte 10 is so weak that their gonna run the board the rest of the year with ohio being a toss up) since thats the only real team they play at the end of the year itll be ohio and usc.

• dawg1454
  • Visitor
16 years 6 months ago #7216 by wlayton
There's actually a chance that LSU won't even drop below USC. Plus if LSU wins the SEC title game that's extra bonus points that USC can't neutralize since they don't have that 13th conference game. We'll just have to wait and see.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds