Forum

Class

16 years 6 months ago #7268 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Class
wlayton wrote:

And the flight should have been. That kind of behavior is NOT UGA football. (plus it was Vandy, what's happening here?)

What was happening was revenge, pure and simple. We weren't celebrating the fact that we beat somebody as GREAT as Vandy, we were stomping on their V because they stomped on our G last year. That's CLASSLESS and tasteless and unacceptable. At the end of the day it's a game. And that's ALL it is.

One thing else: it was childish. We are not children, we are grown men and should act that way. Regardless of what Gundy says about his players being kids while he's a man, in my book you're a man once you're legally a man, at age 18. (They're lucky they don't live in my house; in the Jewish religion, you're a man when you're 13!). We should have acted like men and shaken the 'Dores' hands and walked off the field and been happy at home. After all, they played us tough, and it was a damn good game. Did you see that TD catch the Vandy wideout made? Unbelievable. Best catch in a losing effort since Demiko Goodman's Prothro-esque grab against Tennessee last week.

Yeah, I'm angry. Disgusted is more like it.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 6 months ago #7295 by GatorinGA
Replied by GatorinGA on topic Re:Class
Dapolla, regarding the catch by the Vandy receiver, I completely agree.
One of the best I have ever seen.
It seemed as if his foot was glued to the turf and only the momentum of his body falling out of the endzone finally unstuck it. Amazing!

More
16 years 6 months ago #7302 by DawgSpeare
Replied by DawgSpeare on topic Re:Class
Absolute, unequivocal agreement! Very well done CMR!

That is not the kind of behavior we want to be reflective of our team.

More
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds