Forum

new conference

16 years 7 months ago #6950 by duck
new conference was created by duck
I just finished reading CMR Tuesdays new conference. Once again all he says is that we are young and not mature. He will not place blame on his coaches and made no reference about the defence. Now some of the players made excusses for the defence, saying they were on the field to long due to no offence output.

As i stated in another post, I like CMR and he is a wonderful man, and apparently someone made a comment about David Green and Stafford. CMR said that when Green was a so, he have a sr line and exp receivers.

As I've also stated, i am born and raised a bulldog and i go to games, fly my car flags win or lose i am proud to be a dawg. I am tired of o and 6 in our division and the lack of somebody taking over as a leader. It can be a player or a coach, just get mad. Do you think for one minute that old Erk would not have head butted someone to get them fired up. I have tried to except WM, and believe he does ok. I now can not accept the ok, we have gotten worse and worse each year. Oh sure we came together the last 3 games of the year, but look at the Peach bowl, down 21 or 24 to 0 i can't remenber which. I truly believe if Old Miss had not fumbles and we were down 14 to 0 I believe we would not have over come that.

I go to Nashville every time we play them up there and you can bet your bottom dollar that we will be trailing at half time. I pray i am wrong, but I have watched these players play for two years now, and I don't think any of this current bunch as any fire, any desire all they do is go through the motions.

Well like everyone else, I guess i have vented enough and I don\"t feel that I am being negitive , I just seeing things from my point of view and comparing our young players to Fla, OK, Aub, and I am sure there are other schools that are starting 6 or 7 freshmen.

One more thing and I will shut up, I am not a Stafford fan he is very overrated and He looks like he is lost half the time. Now you look at TEEBO he is no different that Stafford, with the exception he leads his team he runs the ball or than their backs, The same can be said about Simley at SC he is just a freshmen. Folks it is coaches that make the players and help them to develope into stars. It seems over the last couple of years our coaches are satisfied with 6 to 7 wins and maybe a bowl because we are young.

Dawgs forever

Duck

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• duck
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 7 months ago #6955 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:new conference
duck, I'll buy that.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #6961 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re:new conference
I may be nuts but I think we blow Vandy away.

More
16 years 7 months ago #7003 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:new conference
The coaches are satisfied with 6 to 7 wins? How many did we win last year? What's the fewest an HCMR coached team has won in a season?

I think this is a great coaching staff. I thought that before the season, I think that still, even after a bad loss to Tennessee. HCMR is a man we can all be proud of, and he is a great football mind too. All he's done since he's been here is win and win consistently.

I understand being upset with the loss, especially getting embarrassed by Tennessee for the second year in a row. But there wasn't a single member of this forum, there wasn't a single member of the team, there wasn't a single member of the coaching staff, there wasn't a single Bulldog on the planet that didn't expect to win that game. Why is that? Because of the standards that have been set by Bulldog legends, standards which this coaching staff have upheld. I simply do not understand who quickly fans have turned on this coaching staff. It doesn't make sense to me.

I feel sorry for Vandy, because HCMR is going to have the Dawgs playing angry and hungry.

GATA! Woof!

More
16 years 7 months ago #7006 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:new conference
RxDawgboy, I haven't turned on the coaching staff but I have seen enough of WM's style of coaching defense that , to me, just isn't getting it done. Not just one game but since the end of '05. Just feel in the SEC you had better be more of an attacking defensive scheme versus a read and react defensive scheme. Just too much power and speed in the SEC to sit there and try to read and then react to the play. My opinion is you had better attack and stop some of these SEC offenses BEFORE they get it cranked up (like AU did against UF). You read and react against UF and they will eat your lunch, all our players will be doing is reading the names on the back of their jerseys. Love CMR and most of the staff just not WM and Jancek.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #7010 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:new conference
I don't think anyone has turned on the coaching staff, I know I haven't. I have been adamant in my support of Mark Richt. I don't think Bobo should be replaced, just tutored a bit by Richt and get a little more creative. I do think Martinez is a bit out of his element. I don't think he could prepare UGA to defend a sand castle against a marauding band of 5 year olds. The read and react prevent defense doesn't work unless your team clearly overpowers your opponent, which isn't often in the SEC. I have no problem with losses if I know we have put our best game on the table and the opponent has put their best game on the table, and they were better. That happens, and I can accept that there are teams that are just flat out better than we are. However, I don't think either of our losses have reflected our team's best effort and I think the coaches are responsible for the lack of preparation and desire. I hope they use these losses as motivation for themselves and to motivate the team to perform to the maximum of their abilities the rest of the season.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds