Forum

Mack Strong

16 years 7 months ago #6921 by dapolla
Mack Strong was created by dapolla
I know I said that I wouldn't be back online until after the Vandy game -- I hate complaining, and I would be doing an extraordinary amount of it after the non-effort we put forth Saturday -- something happened Sunday and was reported yesterday that brought me back. Former Georgia fullback Mack Strong has been forced into retirement by a neck injury he sustained Sunday against the Steelers. I wish Mack the best of luck and thanks for the years he gave us at Georgia.

Any Mack Strong memories?

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 7 months ago #6925 by miss_uga
Replied by miss_uga on topic Re:Mack Strong
I think we all have very fond memories of Mack Strong. The greatest times were watching him lead us to a 10-2 season his senior year. Hands down, he was one of the greatest fullbacks of UGA history!!!! I've enjoyed watching him play with the Seahawks and will definitely miss seeing the passion he brought into the game.

• miss_uga
  • Visitor
16 years 7 months ago #6965 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:Mack Strong
Yeah, I heard about Strong on Sunday. it's a shame. I think he is gonna have to have the same surgery as Pollock did, and it will be the end of his career. However, in a sport where his position only averages about 5 years of NFL pounding before suffering sustained damage, I think Strong definitely got his money's worth as far as his career goes. So long, Mack...we will miss ya. maybe there can be a coaching position for you in the future between the hedges.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 7 months ago #6996 by flyindawg
Replied by flyindawg on topic Re:Mack Strong
Speaking of witch. I wouldn't mind seeing good ole' Pollack coming back in a coaching shirt. That would put a big smile on my face.

More
16 years 7 months ago #6997 by fire_dawg
Replied by fire_dawg on topic Re:Mack Strong
He would be better than the defensive coordinator we have now! At least then we would have some leadership, he has already shown that he can be leader on defense!

More
16 years 7 months ago #7001 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Mack Strong
I would love to see him as well but we all know that being a great player doesn't translate into a great x's and o's guy.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds