Quoting the Gators coach now.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• GatorinGA
  • GatorinGA's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 7 months ago #7005 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:Miss_UGA
If it is any consolation to you, it made me sick watching Les Miles look that smart.

GATA! Woof!

More
16 years 7 months ago #7009 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Miss_UGA
IMO, he wasn't smart, just lucky. Any coach in America would have taken the 3 points to tie the game and would have done it on the next to last 4th down around the 7 yard line when he was only going for the 1st down. Miles didn't even know that he could take that offside penalty on their next to last TD extra point try on the ensuing kickoff until somebody on the earphones informed him of his choice, he was telling his team to take the half the distance to the goal penalty on the extra point try. Should have kicked the 3, that's the percentage play for the #1 team in the country playing at home. It worked out going for the TD but dumb.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #7021 by GatorinGA
Replied by GatorinGA on topic Re:Miss_UGA
Guys, you're killing me!
I see that 4th down play in my sleep!
That was the ballgame right there. Stop them on 4th down and we win! Game over as there was less than 2 mins. left. They were 5 for 5 on 4th down! Is that stat unbelievable!!??
There offense had no fear.

But anyway I do have a question.
Do you really dislike Les Miles? Why.
And Phil Fulmer?
I have always thought that they were nothing but class.
I cannot recall any actions of Phil Fulmer that would make me dislike him (now Tommy Tuberville is a different story).

So I wonder if it's just blind dislike for anything associated with the enemy.
I have a Bulldog faithful coworker who was thrilled to death when Rex Grossman was bench by the Bears. He admitted to me that it was just because he was a former Gator. What???
I on the other hand loved that Ben Watson had a great game with the Pats last week just because he's a former Bulldog.
Am I in the minority? Just curious as I have never felt that way.

• GatorinGA
  • GatorinGA's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 7 months ago #7023 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Miss_UGA
GatorinGa, I actually don't dislike anyone in the college game. Miles seems like a great guy but just feel like he's not the brightest color in the crayola box. Fulmer? I don't have any problem with him either, he's a coach just trying to win like everybody else. Also, when the gator players move on to the pro's, I'll pull for them then for sure. Certainly would want these young men to make it as long as they all represent themselves well. I'm going to catch a lot of flack for this statement...but I even feel SOS is probably still the best college coach in the country and don't mind someone being a little cocky (no pun intended) IF they can back it up, which he does. Ok, people, you can blast me now, I can take it.......remember though I love the DAWGS...please.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #7048 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Miss_UGA
GatorinGA wrote:

But anyway I do have a question.
Do you really dislike Les Miles? Why.
And Phil Fulmer?
I have always thought that they were nothing but class.
I cannot recall any actions of Phil Fulmer that would make me dislike him.

Okay, now THAT brought my red-and-black hind end out of hibernation.

Do you not recall the fact that Alabama had been under probation until 2005? Do you not realize that every time Fulmer steps foot in Alabama he's afraid of getting arrested? This is because when the NCAA was investigating THE UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE, Fulmer ratted on Alabama in exchange for his program walking. Now, granted, this is more of a reason to hate the NCAA than Fulmer, but I don't like the NCAA either. Phat Phil is anything BUT class.

I don't hate Les Miles, but he does disgust me. Perhaps this year will change my mind, but he disgusts me for the same reason that Andy Roddick disgusts me, for the same reason that Matt Millen disgusts me: all that talent at your disposal, and you can't win the big game?

Coaches in the SEC, for the most part, don't incur my ire. Fulmer makes me want to puke. Saban is the devil. Don't get me started on your guy -- who IS a liar and a crybaby, even though he's also a great coach. Spurrier...hell, I'm still mad at him for running up the score on us in Athens all those years ago. But I don't hate him. I just hate that we're 3-12 against him. Orgeron, Brooks, Nutt, Miles, Croom...I have no problems with any of them.

But don't tell me Philip Fulmer is a class individual. Just don't. I don't want to be insulted on my own team's forum.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds