Forum

ESPN's all Time Best NCAA Football Players

16 years 6 months ago #6748 by GatorinGA
Does anyone remember that ESPN was counting down thier top 25 college football players of all time a couple of weeks ago?
What ever happened with that?
They were taking forever but I really wanted to see what they came up with.
I can't find anything about it.
The Sports Illustrated site has a great section on 75 years of the SEC including the all SEC team. A few Dawgs. Walker and Butler were shoe ins but I was surprised to see Pollock in there as well.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• GatorinGA
  • GatorinGA's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 6 months ago #6749 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:ESPN's all Time Best NCAA Football Players
They're still doing it, gator, just very slow. They're doing 1 a week until the championship game. This week's was Frank Gipp, or whatever the \"Gipper\"'s name was.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
16 years 6 months ago #6752 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:ESPN's all Time Best NCAA Football Players
Pollack was a 3 time all american and won some big time awards. I believe he was also two time SEC MVP.

• kentdaddy
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 6 months ago #6759 by DawgSpeare
Replied by DawgSpeare on topic Re:ESPN's all Time Best NCAA Football Players
That is a fairly interesting project they have conjured up. A nice little touch-of-tidbit for viewers.
No question Herschel will be in the group toward the top 5. Here's a question for you. Will O.J. Simpson make the list? Will he be excluded because of \"shall we say, legal entanglements\"?

No question in my mind that O.J. does belong in that group. He was one of the best. But there is also no question that he is probably the most hideous of all characters ever to win the national spotlight. Very sad, very unfortunate that he more appropriately belongs in a group with Jeffrey Dahmer and Wayne Gacy than the top 25 college players of all time.

More
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds