Forum

Tomorrow's Mission!!!!

16 years 6 months ago #6718 by NC_Dawg
Tomorrow's Mission!!!! was created by NC_Dawg
As one of the board elders, I've had the opportunity to read and post with a wide array of rabid fans and classy opponents. I can honestly say that this years group has been one of the best, in my near decade existence on this forum. My thanks to all that have brought their own flavor of red and black, as well as my acknowledgement to those K-9 challenged that have yet to see the true light! That being said, tomorrow has the potential to be a turning point. Not since the early Richt days, with names like Greene, Pollack, Jones, Bailey, Davis and Smith, have we all witnessed the \"complete\" package. Near misses have been the staple, where one side, often the defense, has produced to overcome the misfires of the other....

I cannot, with any certainty, begin to predict what may, or may not occur tommow, other than to say that with so many near misses, we are bound to ultimately find the correct fit. I sense that this will occur very soon, perhaps tomorrow!

It's times like these that I like to reach into the past to find words of inspiration. How fitting it would be to benchmark the moment that these young pups amped the heat by revisiting the words of a dawg warrior, now departed.....

Prior to the 1980 season, Erk Russell wrote this letter to his defensive linemen. GATA!

Gentlemen: (linemen) The football season of 80' will be my seventeenth as a Georgia Bulldog. During this time there have been many thrilling Saturdays of competition, each with it's individual memories, because each game has it's own personality. There are two Saturday traditions and experiences which have remained basically the same throughout the years for me and I would like to share them with you. The first one concerns the RAILROAD TRACK CROWD. These are my people because they love the Dogs almost as much as I do. Oh, I know they do some crazy things- like turn over our opponnents's busses sometimes and now and then they throw one another down the bank and into the street below. But they stamp out Kudzu and they pull for us to win and that aint bad. If you can get off the bus to cheers of THE RAILROAD TRACK CROWD and walk down those steps to the dressing room and not be inspired to play football as best you possibly can, something important is missing beneath the Georgia jersey you wear. It is impossible not to be inspired. They choke me up! The season of 1980 will be the last for THE RAILROAD TRACK CROWD. A great Georgia tradition will have passed with the new addition to our stadium. The view from the tracks will be no more. Your team will be the last Georgia Team to be greeted and cheered by the RAILROAD TRACK CROWD. Wouldn't it be fitting if their last team was also the best Georgia Team ever. Think about it! Another Saturday tradition which has meant so much to me over the years can be stated very simply. \"THERE AIN'T NOTHING LIKE BEING A BULLDOG ON SATURDAY NIGHT
AFTER WINNING A FOOTBALL GAME.\" I mean like whipping Tennessee's ass to start with, then ten more and then another one. This is the game plan. We have no alternate plan.

Sincerely, Erk Russell

WE HAVE NO ALTERNATE PLAN !!!!!!!!!!

GO DAWGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

GATA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 6 months ago #6720 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Tomorrow's Mission!!!!
NC_Dawg.......I've got CHILLS all over, thanks.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 6 months ago #6722 by DawgSpeare
Replied by DawgSpeare on topic Re:Tomorrow's Mission!!!!
NC_Dawg,Sober words of wisdom and inspiration. Nothing need be added; sir, you are The SageMaster!

In little more than 24, the contest begins!

Dawgz Proceed!

More
16 years 6 months ago #6724 by miss_uga
Replied by miss_uga on topic Re:Tomorrow's Mission!!!!
Ditto, wlayton!!

• miss_uga
  • Visitor
16 years 6 months ago #6726 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re:Tomorrow's Mission!!!!
Pull out the archives, bring on the Vols. May the great Georgia spirits lead us to a glorious victory. GO DAWGS!

More
16 years 6 months ago #6728 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:Tomorrow's Mission!!!!
Time to HUNKER DOWN!!!!!!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds