Forum

Underdogs this Weekend

16 years 7 months ago #6514 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:There need be no greater movitation,..
BTW, we were favored by over 20 something against W Carolina. They didn't look at us that badly.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #6519 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:There need be no greater movitation,..
southernlover wrote:

Dapolla, although I respect your opinion, I adamantly disagree. While I admit that I loved the guy while at Georgia, and he did have some GREAT defenses during his tenure, I would not take him back under any conditions. I saw Van Gorder up close and personal during his one year tenure at GSU and he is horrible. He is one of the most arogant, egotistical coaches in the game. He openly blamed his players, assistant coaches, fans and the community for his losses. He made the statement while losing one game at halftime, \"No, I don't make adjustments\". Sorry for the rant but he is not a class act that I would want associated with any program that I cheer for.

Fair enough. Will Muschamp, anyone?

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
16 years 7 months ago #6522 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:There need be no greater movitation,..
UnderDog37 wrote:

We will also have to listen to the ESPN bunch talk about how bad we are all night on Friday and all day on Saturday until the game actually starts. Have they picked us one time except for the W. Carolina game?

I was about to say they picked us for the Ole Miss game, but they actually picked that game as one of their three \"upset specials\"...in fact, the other two were K-State over Texas and Auburn over Florida. I like being in the minority...

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
16 years 7 months ago #6528 by wlayton
Hey dapolla, I've been preaching Will Muschamp for a year.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #6571 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:There need be no greater movitation,..
Yeah, I remember the Muschamp discussion as well as the Kirby Smart discussion. Didn't someone say that Muschamp was wanting to come back home really bad if only the coach would ask him to or something like that? I can't remember all the specifics. I will say this, though.....Brad Johnson was almost our QB coach after Bobo was promoted. Johnson had just about decided to retire from the NFL and come to Athens whenever Dallas offered him 2 more years to be a mentor to Romo and help him develop. Some of my co-workers know Johnson personally and told me that he had sold his house here in Tallahassee and was looking at property in Athens. That's how close the deal was to getting done until Dallas intervened. I still think it will happen in the next cpl of years. Lot's of people forget that Brad Johnson is CMR's brother in law.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 7 months ago #6574 by wlayton
Yeah, I remember the BJ story last year as well. Not a bad QB coach, huh !!

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds