Forum

Gator Love in the Polls ???

16 years 7 months ago #6451 by GatorinGA
Gator Love in the Polls ??? was created by GatorinGA
Obviously, I am bummed about the Gator loss this weekend. What a crazy weekend in college football with 7 of the top 13 teams loosing. I said it last week that I was concerned that Ole Miss exposed the weaknesses in the Gators D. I was sure that going into the Auburn game that if our D could at least hold them to the low 20’s then we’d win easily. We’ll they held them to 20 and STILL lost. The Gators offensive play calling was horrible! Come on 3rd and 16 and Tebow is running the ball! Oh well, I did think we’d loose 3 SEC games this year. Four of the next five games for us are against No. 1, No. 8, No. 11 and No. 12. OUCH!
As for the polls, the coaches still have us 7th. LOL! I used to always trust the coaches poll over the AP poll, but I changed my mind several years back. The AP poll is a much better ranking IMO. Even so, the Gators are the highest 1 loss team in both polls. They must be fattening us up for the Tigers to feast on.
The worst loss in the Meyer era was a 28 point loss to Alabama in ’05. I fear the LSU spread will be far worse.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• GatorinGA
  • GatorinGA's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 7 months ago #6457 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Gator Love in the Polls ???
GatorinGa, I really expect uf to go into Baton Rouge and play well against LSU. Now they have their backs against the wall and remember, LSU has \"Least\" Miles.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #6460 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re:Gator Love in the Polls ???
Tony Barnhart predicts a Florida upset. I hate Florida but GatorinGa, you're ok, the kind of fan it's all about. We can agree to disagree and support our teams without the smack. I appreciate your objective insight.

More
16 years 7 months ago #6472 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Gator Love in the Polls ???
The coaches poll has been baloney ever since it became the USA Today/ESPN Coaches poll. Once ESPN gets involved with ANYTHING they overhype, underanalyze and basically ruin it. They're so much more interested in the storyline that they themselves create than in what actually happens on the playing field that it sickens me.

That said, I think that the Gators deserved to fall farther, but not too much. They remind me a little of the 2003 LSU team, who had one bad game against -- GASP -- your Gators that was relatively inexplicable. Other than that they were an unbeatable football team. You could get close on them -- witness the Auburn game that year, as well as the regular season game against the Dawgs -- but you couldn't beat them.

THAT said...I hope the Gators choke out next week against LS-who?, go on a small run, and then run out of gas before Jacksonville. Just my personal preference.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds