Forum

How many Dawg games have you attended?

16 years 7 months ago #6405 by dapolla
Well, this is my last post before I'm headed down to Athens for the Ole Miss game. Man, I love driving down to Georgia for football; I only wish I still lived down there. I never see my grandparents anymore, and they're getting up in years.

The last home Ole Miss game, I was directing a play of mine (yes, I was in the Dept. of Drama & Theatre...now the Dept. of Theatre & Film Studies...MFA in Dramatic Writing) in the Fine Arts Building. I write a lot of silence into my plays, and that was kind of ruined by all the yelling and screaming and whooping. At least I knew we were beating up on Ole Miss. We beat Eli Manning 38-10 that day, I believe, en route to the 2002 SEC Championship. Not a bad memory. So it's not like I misssed the game; I may not have seen it on TV or heard it on the radio, but I sure did hear how well we were doing.

So this will make the next-to-last SEC team I've seen Georgia play live. I can't believe this is my first time seeing us play Ole Miss. The only other West team I haven't seen us play live is Arkansas, and I've never been to the Cocktail Party so I've never seen us play Florida. Here are my records (like you care):

Against SCarolina: 1-1
Against Tennessee: 0-2 (yeah, I'm not going to see them anymore)
Against Vandy: 1-1
Against Kentucky: 2-0
Against Alabama: 1-0
Against Auburn: 1-0
Against Mississippi State: 2-0 (one of the first Georgia games I can remember going to was against MSU)
Against LSU: 1-0
Against Tech: 2-1.

What are your lifetime records when attending Georgia games?

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 7 months ago #6407 by flyindawg
Replied by flyindawg on topic Re:Headed Down to Athens
I'm undeafeted. 4 and 0. Due to being in the military I only get the chance for the game opener. Unless I take leave that is. I'm going to try and take my neice to a game this year. I hope my record continues on.

More
16 years 7 months ago #6413 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Re:Headed Down to Athens
Is this after school? If not, I'm not saying for me, since I went to UGA 1985-1989 and...um, those weren't the best years for us...saw Eric Z beat Clemson...that was sweeeeeeet.

Alabama 0-1
Auburn 0-2
Baylor 1-0
Clemson 1-1
Duke 1-0
Kentucky 2-0
LSU 0-1
Ole Miss 2-0
Oregon State 1-0
Richmond 1-0
South Carolina 2-0
TCU 1-0
Tech 2-1
Tennessee 1-0
Tulane 1-0
Vanderbilt 2-0
Virginia 1-0
William & Mary 1-0

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
16 years 7 months ago #6415 by TopDiggidyDawg
Replied by TopDiggidyDawg on topic Re:Headed Down to Athens
1-0 vs. Louisiana Monroe

Only game i've been to :(

How 'Bout Dem SEC Champion Dawgs!?

More
16 years 7 months ago #6421 by StaffordGirl07
Replied by StaffordGirl07 on topic Re:Headed Down to Athens
My very first game was in the 70s against Wake Forest--we lost and I'm so surprised that my Grandaddy ever took me back--Praise the Lord, he did!!

After that, my record is pretty good--don't know exact numbers, but I once went nine years without missing a home game--from Goff through Donnan and CMR.

My road ratio is really good--if you don't count Jacksonville--I've missed only twice since '88..and I know y'all can do the math.

But other than the stupid gators, I've been to every SEC school but Arkansas and LSU and only have four losses--once at Vandy, once at Bama, and twice at Tenn.

Also, in 1991, I saw every game--home and away--and I've been to every SEC playoff &/or Bowl game that's been in ATL.

I know this is long, dapolla, but you asked!!

Great Game today!! Go Dawgs!!! Bring on the vols....more like rocky bottom!!!

• StaffordGirl07
  • Visitor
16 years 7 months ago #6431 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Re:Headed Down to Athens
Around 1960 my first game was in Athens at the Ga Tech Game with my mom who was a Tech fan. When I was at UGA during early 70's I went to some games. I have been a serious Dawg fan the entire time. I went ot Jax several times during my younger days.

Dawgs.com is my way to stay involved and I read and enjoy all the chatter on the forum. Now for the shameless commercial plug. The web site does not produce enough revenue to support itself so it is truly a labor of love. When you guys buy something through a link we get a small amount. If you want to donate to help me out buy something.

I am glad we have entered the era of CMR. It makes me feel as good as the Dooley years.

Go Dawgs!
Steve

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds