Forum

We need to pull for Florida and LSU for now...

16 years 7 months ago #6291 by UGAChemDawg
As much as it disgusts me, us Dawg fans need to be rooting for Florida and LSU to stay undefeated until we play them. The higher they are ranked when we beat them, the better it is for us.

The way I see it is, if we win these next three games before Jacksonville, we should be ranked 10th or thereabouts. So, if Florida is ranked third, a win over them should put us around 5 or so. Then, we have to win out and beat Auburn, Kentucky, and Georgia Tech. That should get us to around #3, provided there are a few late-season upsets at the top (there always are, trust me, Oklahoma will choke at least once before everything is said and done with) We will then face LSU in the SEC championship game. It is entirely possible that they will be the #1 team in the country if they are undefeated going in to the SEC title game and, at minimum, number two behind USC. A win over them would catapult us to #2 in the BCS standings and a chance to play for the national championship!

Our season is far from over just because of the South Carolina game. There is still pleanty left to play for (an SEC championship, a BCS bowl game) and even the national title is still within the realm of possibility (many other teams have won it all with one loss, including last year's Florida. Why not us?)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UGAChemDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 7 months ago #6292 by McShea87
I dont know about that one, i think both the teams in the Nat'l Champ will be undefeated going in but that would be awesome if that happened ....it really could

More
16 years 7 months ago #6300 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re:We need to pull for Florida and LSU for now...
I can only think about Ole Miss right now. One at a time.

More
16 years 7 months ago #6305 by wlayton
I DO like the way you think though.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #6309 by GatorinGA
Uhh, one problem.
Florida and LSU square off in two weeks so one of them will already have at least 1 loss.
Your hope should be for LSU to win and then UGA beat Florida and Tennessee.
THEN UGA would face LSU (ranked at least 2 in polls) in the SEC Championship.
A win there would rank the Dawgs in the top 5 for sure.
A lot of prayers would need to be answered before a BCS Title game, however.

More
16 years 7 months ago #6310 by wlayton
In our present situation, we need to ONLY concentrate on beating Ole Miss and keep improving every week. Way too much youth to look ahead THIS season. Day by day, week by week, just get better and better (dang, sounded like the \"Zooker\", geez).

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds