Forum

Great to be a DAWG

16 years 7 months ago #6329 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:DAWGS
TopDiggidyDawg wrote:

Anywho, what is Brittney doing with her life?

THAT was WHACK! Where on earth did that come from?

GATA! Woof!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #6330 by RxCowboy
dapolla wrote:

TopDiggidyDawg wrote:

Come on, Mike, it's OT in an SEC FOOTBALL GAME. Britney could be naked, drunk and spread-eagled on a mattress made of marshmallows and I'm glued to the screen.

Fortunately, we have medications for that now...

GATA! Woof!

More
16 years 7 months ago #6351 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re:DAWGS
RXCowboy, quite a shot coach gave the media. Really goes to show the intensity of the game of football and all that surrounds it. Understand that the media is not going to pull away from their position on the article. Don't think that it will be too many years before there is no such thing as a \"morning or evening\" newspaper. For some reason, I still like the ways of yesteryear. Good luck to OS Cowboys the rest of the way.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 7 months ago #6353 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:DAWGS
RxDawgboy, I absolutely loved the way Gundy stood up for Reed. Didn't read the article but you gotta love Gundy's passion. This incident will make the kids play harder for him the rest of the way too.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #6393 by Firedawg
Replied by Firedawg on topic Re:DAWGS
Like the good book says, ask and ye shall receive. The last play anyway.

I don't know if i did that right but you can either C&P or search Scott Howard on YouTube.

• Firedawg
  • Visitor
16 years 7 months ago #6395 by RxCowboy
wlayton wrote:

RxDawgboy, I absolutely loved the way Gundy stood up for Reed. Didn't read the article but you gotta love Gundy's passion. This incident will make the kids play harder for him the rest of the way too.

It has certainly been fascinating watching the reaction of fans, coaches, and media across the country. I ask, is there a more out of touch group than the media? Is there a more self-important group than the media? Is there a more elitist group?

I was in Atlanta last weekend for a meeting on Saturday. I didn't get to watch the game via Internet like I like to do. I didn't get to read any of the pre-game newspaper articles Saturday morning (for Georgia either) like I like to do. I had to follow the scores on my cell phone during the meeting (thank goodness for ESPN mobile). I found out about the tirade the next day.

The article in question was full of rumor and innuendo, iow gossip, that questioned Bobby Reid's character. \"Rumor has it...\" \"The back story told on the sly...\" \"If you believe that...\" Basically said that he was benched because he was a momma's boy. It was gossip, and worthy of a gossip rag and NOT an op-ed piece on the front page of the state's flagship newspaper. As Mike Gundy put it so succinctly, it was garbage.

The irony in all this is that this may be the turning point for the Pokes season. I thought they look leaderless at Troy. I thought benching Reid had split the team, and they played like it at Troy. No heart. No desire. No leader. They have a leader now. The players know beyond all shadows of a doubt that even if HCMG benches them he still has their back and won't let anyone run them out of town on a rail. I think this can galvanize this team like nothing else possibly could. Football, more than any other game played by a team on any other field, the players have to believe in their coach. Who in that locker room would not believe in him now?

I was happy Saturday night before I found out about all this. Georgia and Oklahoma State finally won on the same weekend, both in dramatic fashion. I just didn't know exactly how dramatic it was until Sunday morning.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. You guys are a great group.

Go Dawgs! Sic em! and Ride with Pride!

P.S. I'm planning on being at the Auburn and Kentucky games. My son will be with me (as long as he keeps his grades up). I look forward to meeting some of you!

GATA! Woof!

More
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds