Forum

CMR Closes Practice

16 years 7 months ago #6183 by dapolla
CMR Closes Practice was created by dapolla
On the heels of the Belichick SpyGate controversy, Mark Richt has closed Georgia practice to everyone for the first time since he became head coach. Is this paranoia? According to ESPN.com, one Georgia official says that he knows that Georgia has been \"skunked\" in the past, because of the way other teams reacted to our offensive calls. Take into account that Saban was Belichick's DC in Cleveland. Also take into account that Saban was accused of spying on the Pats while coach of the Dolphins last year.

Personally, I like the idea. These guys are young. Even if we're not being spied on -- and I don't lean one way or the other on that, especially knowing Saban -- this is a game where our Dawgs don't need ANY game week distractions.

What do you all think? Paranoia? Or sheer unadulterated genius?

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 7 months ago #6185 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:CMR Closes Practice
I'm not too worried about Spy-Gate as much as he needs to keep these young players really FOCUSED on what they are doing and who they are preparing for. They need this focus to get better FAST.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #6186 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:CMR Closes Practice
I'm with you, wlayton. Concentration and focus are absolutely crucial for this game. Let's not kid ourselves that the SCarolina loss wasn't important. We really need to run the SEC table in order to have a meaningful shot at Atlanta in December. Funny...when the season started, the games I was worried about were Florida, Auburn, Kentucky and Tech. SCarolina was on my radar -- ALWAYS on my radar -- but I really didn't think we had to worry about losing to them until next year. And come 2009...watch out. Anyway, I wasn't worried about Bama. Now I'm not worried about Tennessee or Auburn, but the Tide loom large. It's a hinge game, as in the whole season really hinges on it, and as in it can go either way.

Plus, the prospect of going 0-2 to start the SEC season turns my stomach on one side and kicks it and makes fun of its mama.

It's only Week Four, right? But this is a MUST-WIN GAME. We MUST WIN.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 7 months ago #6187 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:CMR Closes Practice
Agreed dapolla. The season could go down the tubes REAL fast with a loss this week.

We'll win.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #6188 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re:CMR Closes Practice
I feel strangely confident. I think Coach Richt will have our guys focused and ready. I agree, it's too early in the season for a make or break game but we HAVE to win this one.

More
16 years 7 months ago #6212 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Re:CMR Closes Practice
It makes you think that, finally, CMR has come to the realization that he's dealing with car salesman. I understand his Christian background, but I think he knows now he's not really dealing with church-going folk. Now, if we can just get him over that 45 points is enough hangup...we'll have us a ball team. GO DAWGS

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds