Forum

Western Carolina Game

16 years 7 months ago #6112 by stevedawg
Western Carolina Game was created by stevedawg
This article was moved here to start a new thread about the Western Carolina Game

by wlayton

I saw it live and it left me REAL concerned. I was never concerned about winning the game but we were only ahead 10-6 in the middle of the 2nd quarter. Then finally Bobo opened it up and MS hit 4 in a row...TD, then we got the ball back and MS hit 2 more and Moreno finished it up with a 23-24 yard run for a TD. Those last 2 TD's were in the last 5-6 minutes and they came real FAST. Got the 2nd half kickoff and MS continued hitting everything and drove down for another TD. He completed 10 in a row from the end of the 1st half to the beginning of the second and then they took him out at 31-9 (if I remember correctly). Cox came in and promptly threw a pass in the flats that should have been picked for a TD against us, I could have caught that one, it hit the DB right in the hands. Later he threw a bomb TD to Goodman where he made a great diving catch in the end zone. They scored a TD against our 3rd team in the 4th.

Our OL isn't very good yet. Can't run against Western Carolina?, not good. They are really bad and they made us look pretty average until 6 minutes to go in the 2nd qtr and then they let MS cut loose. Our LB's had a lot of busted assignments and looked out of sorts, our special teams can't cover ANYTHING (they must have averaged starting at their own 40 after every one of our kickoffs, really bad coverage). Also, MS called the wrong OL blocking scheme on one play and about got killed (CMR said it was MS fault, not the line)

We had better shape up very quickly or Bama is going to have their way with us. One thing though.... Evans didn't play, Henderson (safety) didn't play and one other starter didn't play either (can't remember who) and they will play against Bama. Believe they will need to let MS air it out more to help our running game otherwise Bama will put 8 in the box and we WON'T run the ball on them. Our OL just isn't strong enough yet, very obvious and CMR KNOWS it.

BUT, we can win the game if we play mistake free ball. Oh yeah MoMass played a very good game so watch out for him in the coming weeks, he's becoming our \"go to\" guy again, you can see his confidence coming back !!! Hope this helps.

Also, yes I also saw uf/ut game. Bottom line......uf's offense is VERY, VERY good, defense is vunerable and they are still very lucky, got a few great breaks and ut got none. uf is much better but Ainge is the real deal so we will have our hands full. To defense uf's offense, I believe you have to do or be one of two things......you had better be just as fast as uf or you better ATTACK that offense to try and shut it down before it gets started.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• stevedawg
  • stevedawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • DAWGS.com moderator
16 years 7 months ago #6114 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Western Carolina Game
Made a mistake saying our safety Henderson didn't play when it was obviously Johnson. My bad.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #6115 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re:Western Carolina Game
I hate these games. You're always looking ahead and you can never win by a big enough margin. Having said that, I agree we gotta bring it all Saturday. We have to play smart, inspired and realize nobody's handing us a W. I trust the coaching staff to keep these kids focused and intense and at the same time not too tight. The offensive line's got to realize this is bigtime SEC football. If they can't lay it all on the line against Bama, it will be a long season. Go Dawgs!

More
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds