Forum

Gamecock Nation

16 years 7 months ago #6042 by dapolla
Gamecock Nation was created by dapolla
Last year we lost to Tennessee after leading them 24-7, and Vols fans were all over our board, being rude, hurling insults, making intelligent Vols fans who were just exercising their bragging rights look like jerks in the process.

This year, we had some Gamecocks on the board before the game, who exuded a quiet confidence but were never rude. And, for the record, I have not seen one negative, demeaning or otherwise jerk-y post on here since the game.

This is especially impressive because unlike the Tennessee game -- where both teams looked bad, made horrible mistakes and let the other team score on stupid special teams mistakes -- SCarolina beat us the whole game long on both sides of the ball. Regardless of the score, the Gamecocks dominated us. And yet...no taunts, no \"go cry now, Dawgs\" posts, nothing to suggest that Gamecock Nation is made up of anything but sportsmen.

So anyway...though you're in my division and I loathe your coach...

Stay classy, Columbia.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 7 months ago #6069 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:Gamecock Nation
Yes, a very pleasant surprise.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
16 years 7 months ago #6071 by Getdown11
Replied by Getdown11 on topic Re:Gamecock Nation
Agreed. Props to SC and their fans.

Go Dawgs!!!!

More
16 years 7 months ago #6077 by gk2001
Replied by gk2001 on topic Re:Gamecock Nation
It's good to hear that no Gamecock fans have given you guys grief. There are bad sports with every team. I've seen them in Columbia, in Athens, in Gainesville, and in Clemson, among other places.

To tell you the truth, most of us are pretty stunned and are still riding the wave of elation. I think that we are trying to keep from getting ahead of ourselves. UGA and its fans should take it as a compliment that we believe that this win was an integral part of our season.

• gk2001
  • Visitor
16 years 7 months ago #6083 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:Gamecock Nation
Intelligent Vols fans? Stay classy, Columbia?

Where am I? Is this an alternate universe? Has the evil Spock mind-melded with Dapolla?

All is lost...

GATA! Woof!

More
16 years 7 months ago #6085 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:Gamecock Nation
There may be no SC fans on here talking smack, but they are all over the AJC blogs, and they are making completely delusional statements in the same vein as the Tennesee politician who supposedly claimed to have invented the internet. \"We will beat UT, UF, Ark. and LSU!\" \"We will go 12-0, win the SEC, and dominate the conference for the next 5-10 years!\" \"Georgia will never beat us again!\" \"Georgia is now a second-tier program!\" Etc., etc., ad nauseum.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds