Forum

At last, a little recognition

16 years 8 months ago #5747 by sadlerdawg
At last, a little recognition was created by sadlerdawg
This was posted on msn.foxsports.com under 5 Thoughts, It's Still Early

3. Roll Dawg
Lose almost an entire defense to graduation or the NFL Draft? No problem. Lose a potential All-American corner to ineligibility and then the NFL supplemental draft? What, me worry? Start an offensive line overflowing with freshmen and sophomores? No sweat. This is what faced Georgia head coach Mark Richt prior to a dangerous opener against potent Oklahoma State. In the end, the Cowboys were the ones leaving with the lesson learned.

Behind a strong performance by quarterback Matt Stafford and that young offensive line, the Bulldogs put up 35 points on an OSU defense that must get better. On the other side of the ball, defensive coordinator Willie Martinez's defense sent the true shot across the bow, holding the Cowboys to only 14 points. If you didn't know the Bulldogs' defensive depth chart in 2006 or in 2007, you'd have thought it was loaded with nine or ten returning players.

Richt and his staff were as prepared, on the field and in recruiting the past few years, as any staff could possibly have been. When you rank the great coaches in the nation, you'd better have this man up in your top five. — John Harris
GO DAWGS!!!!

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• sadlerdawg
  • sadlerdawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 8 months ago #5748 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:At last, a little recognition
Well what do you know. It's about time.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 8 months ago #5771 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Re:At last, a little recognition
I agree. If you troll the major media outlets, you get the sense that the writers are grudgingly giving the Dawgs their due. I'll bet that if (as) the winning streak continues, some of them will forget their pre-season predictions and act as if they knew the dawgs were as good as they are, and claim clairvoyance as they ride the bandwagon...

Corso: \"Kirk, it's like I've been saying all along...this Dawg team is the real deal. The tide has turned and this year it'll be Georgia celebrating in Jacksonville.\"
Herbstreit: \"Absolutely. Only a moron would have doubted the talent in Richt's team....err, Lee, are you going to put the dawg head on?\"
Corso: \"he he he, I would if I could, Kirk, but my ears are too big.\"
Herbstreit: \"Well, that's the smartest thing you've said all year.\"
Corso: \"Right you are Kirk. And by the way, your mother wears orange.\"

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
16 years 8 months ago #5777 by Getdown11
Replied by Getdown11 on topic Re:At last, a little recognition
What is posted below is all Ive seen in the media that recognizes the Dawgs.

I will admit that Corso and Herbstreet both picked us to win. Thats it though. I think everyone else is hoping we forget that they totally blew that pick.

Go Dawgs!!!!

More
16 years 8 months ago #5789 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:At last, a little recognition
Urgh...recognition.

I was so angry with ESPN...they had their \"College Football Final\" show on Sunday that shows, you know, the highlights of the weekend's football games. They showed exactly ONE PLAY (Stafford to Figgins) from the UGA-OSU game. They showed FOUR PLAYS from the USC-Idaho game. Are you SERIOUS? They showed even more than that from the Texas-Arkansas State game.

Look, I know you can't spend the whole show on us...the Tech-ND game and of course the App State- Michigan game have to take precedent. But to spend more time on the Trojans stepping on some Vandal neck than on Georgia beating a quality opponent is just blatantly showing your bias.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
16 years 8 months ago #5791 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:At last, a little recognition
Not surprised. We'll just \"lay low\" like Brer Rabbit and win in the end !!

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds