Forum

Back and Better Than Ever

16 years 8 months ago #5562 by dapolla
Back and Better Than Ever was created by dapolla
Ahh....back at work.

What they don't tell you about meningitis is the incomparable boredom. Oh sure, the first few days are exciting, what with the intractable, mind-numbing pain in your back, neck, head and eyes and the fear of impending death, but after you don't need the pharmacy-grade narcotics anymore and you've played through Metroid two or three times on your JNES emulator, it does get a bit boring.

SEVEN DAYS' BED REST!!! I can't imagine what being a shut-in is like. Oh, it sounds great, having your wife tell you, No, don't do ANYTHING AT ALL, I'll take care of it, and having your own room again for the first time since college, but believe me, it wears on you. I'm just grateful I never had to be admitted to the hospital, or worse, quarantined.

The worst part about it is that it made the penultimate week before football season DRAG...LIKE...AN...OLD...LADY...ON...SEDATIVES!!! And since the first three or four days my eyes were incredibly sensitive to light, I only had sports radio to listen to, and those idiots are all on the LSU vs. Florida in December bandwagon. When they're not talking about Michael Vick, that is. I'll tell you what, you can only listen to Stephon Marbury say that dogfighting is a sport so many times before you start trying to gnaw your own brain out of your skull.

Actually, the worst part about it is fearing death, and worse than that is being afraid that you could infect your kids with it. However, I found out that what viral meningitis is, is basically an accident. Unlike bacterial, which aims for your spine, infects it and then kills your hind end dead, viral is all a matter of location. The doc said I contracted some random virus that found a home in my spinal fluid as opposed to my blood, mucus, or lungs. Therefore, I had probably already given same virus to my kids and wife, and it showed up as a cold or diarrhea or a sore throat. Relief!

But I'm back, I'm not dead, and I'm in a near-frenzy over the OSU game this Saturday. I got so fired up about college football I actually watched the D2 Pitt State-Texas A&M (Commerce) game on Saturday. GO GORILLAS!!!

Also, thank you all for your well-wishes and prayers and support. Don't think they went unappreciated at all. I'm very thankful to you, and I'm glad to be back.

Now...any Urnge idiots show up that I can make fun of???

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 8 months ago #5570 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:Back and Better Than Ever
Glad to have you back, dapolla. I also watched some of that Pittsburg st game. I even watched AJ Green's high school take on some Florida team. Not an impressive day for AJ, and Summerville got crushed. Hopefully that will make AJ look forward to UGA even more.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
16 years 7 months ago #5579 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re:Back and Better Than Ever
Welcome back Dapolla. Sounds as if you are back to your rip, snortin' self.

More
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds