Forum

It aint looking good for the O-Line.

16 years 8 months ago #5551 by Firedawg
Replied by Firedawg on topic Re:It aint looking good for the O-Line.
I don't think the OL would really give a crap. If they're even aware of such talk, I would hope they would say, \"OK, it's us against the world. Our backs are against the wall. Everybody doesn't think we're good enough. Let's play lights out and show them what DAWG football is all about.\"
Now let's ring the bell!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Firedawg
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #5555 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:It aint looking good for the O-Line.
Yeah, like the \"ain't man enough\" game against Alabama a few years ago.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 8 months ago #5565 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:It aint looking good for the O-Line.
wlayton wrote:

Yeah, like the \"ain't man enough\" game against Alabama a few years ago.

Oh, man, thank God for Pat Dye! I think that without Pat Dye, we would STILL be in an SEC Championship drought stretching back to '82. We needed that psychological boost.

MAN ENOUGH!!!!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
16 years 7 months ago #5577 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Re:It aint looking good for the O-Line.
Ahhh, such sweet memory...Is it just me, or does the beginning of the season have a familiar ring to it? Pundits dissing the dawgs, predictions of upsets, then the traditional opening day ass whooping followed by the sounds of beeping as all the sports writers trip over themselves backing up on their predictions about the Dawgs' impending poor season? I'm glad we're getting a lot of \"upset\" noise...it makes victory that much sweeter.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
16 years 7 months ago #5580 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:It aint looking good for the O-Line.
I know RxCowboy loathes this, but who cares, he's the enemy until next week. This reminds me SO MUCH of the Boise State opener from 2005 it's not funny. Remember in 2005 how we had questions about our secondary, questions about our defensive coordinator, questions about the O-line, questions about the QB, and were going up against a \"dynamic\" offense from another conference and a lot of people predicted upset?

Remember in 2005 when everyone picked Florida or Tennessee (some trendies picked SCarolina) to go to Atlanta and lose the SEC to LSU? Wait...LS Who? JaMarcus WHO? I remember being the only person in the entire city of Charlotte -- including my family and every sports radio station talk show -- to pick the Dawgs to beat LSU. It wasn't the rabid fan in me being overly optimistic. I just knew we could take them.

Remember last year when Auburn was supposed to crush us in their house for the third straight year?

Remember how last year was supposed to be The Revenge of Reggie Ball, even before the Vandy and Kentucky losses?

Remember how Va Tech was supposed to murder us?

Remember in 1980 how Notre Dame was bigger, stronger, faster and better than our Dawgs?

Keep underestimating us. PLEASE count us out. PLEASE pick the Pokes. The more clippings on our bulletin board, the longer and sharper our Dawgs' teeth become.

GO DAWGS!!!!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
16 years 7 months ago #5582 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Re:It aint looking good for the O-Line.
Yeah...what dapolla said...

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds