Forum

CFN Prediction: OSU 27, UGA 20

16 years 8 months ago #5492 by RxCowboy
CFN Prediction: OSU 27, UGA 20 was created by RxCowboy
Didn't see this posted anywhere else: cfn.scout.com/2/671570.html

Oklahoma State at Georgia 6:45 PM ESPN2

Why to Watch: This falls under the category of mega-statement games for two very good programs that'll be sleepers (if that's possible for Georgia) in their respective division races, and for two power conferences. Oklahoma State is loaded with the type of speed and athleticism that SEC fans like to brag about on a regular basis. This is the ultimate feast-or-famine, home run hitting team that can put up points in bunches, and it's a team Georgia needs to be really, really scared off. The Dawgs are solid on both sides of the ball, but they might have to be spectacular to avoid the upset. If Georgia wins this game easily, it means it'll be a major contender for the SEC title. For the Cowboys, this is the game that could put the Mike Gundy era on the national map.

Why Oklahoma State Might Win: Georgia's secondary isn't exactly a weakness, but it'll certainly be a question mark to start the year, while defensive starting experience is a major problem at all spots. A number one corner has to emerge right away after the loss of Paul Oliver to academic issues, and that means future NFL starting WR Adarius Bowman should require way too much attention from the safeties. The more the defensive backs have to hang back, the more openings for the OSU ground game.

Why Georgia Might Win: Is Oklahoma State the real deal? Yeah, there are more than enough athletes to run with Georgia all day long, and it was able to beat Alabama rather easily in the Independence Bowl, but this is still the type of team that can beat anyone, but can lose to anyone. The Cowboy defensive line is average, the secondary is questionable, and there's no sure-thing number two receiver on the other side of Bowman. If Georgia's young and inexperienced O line is ready to roll, the Bulldog ground game should equal the OSU production.

Who to Watch: SEC fans, get ready to see the best twosome of backs you might see all year (or at least a close number two behind those guys in Fayetteville). 5-9, 195-pound Dantrell Savage averaged 6.5 yards per carry last year and has the warp-wheels to crank out yards in chunks. Keith Toston is a bigger back who can also hit the home run from anywhere on the field. These two need to shine, and QB Bobby Reid has to take his rushing yards when he can get them, to have a shot at pulling off the upset.

What Will Happen: If Oklahoma State can keep its head for a full sixty minutes and doesn't panic when Matthew Stafford and the Bulldog offense gets the momentum on its side, it can pull off the upset. The Dawg O line is still too green, the receiving corps too average, and the secondary too suspect to beat a team as good as OSU if it's playing up to its capability.

CFN Prediction: Oklahoma State 27 ... Georgia 20 ... Line: Georgia -6.5

Must See Rating: (5 Hef wants you to take his place on The Girls Next Door, but you can’t because you have to watch this game - 1 Cavemen) ... 4

GATA! Woof!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RxCowboy
  • RxCowboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 8 months ago #5494 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:CFN Prediction: OSU 27, UGA 20
Daddy prediction...........

CFN goes out of business after publishing gaffes on the scale of Dewey defeats Truman!

More
16 years 8 months ago #5513 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:CFN Prediction: OSU 27, UGA 20
kentdaddy wrote:

Daddy prediction...........

CFN goes out of business after publishing gaffes on the scale of Dewey defeats Truman!

:laugh:

It wouldn't be the first mistake they've ever made. I still think the Bulldogs are going to win. But I think it is going to be a very tough, hard-fought game.

GATA! Woof!

• RxCowboy
  • RxCowboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 8 months ago #5516 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:CFN Prediction: OSU 27, UGA 20
This person is forgetting one thing........we aint last year's Bama team. If OSU's win over Bama is all he had to base his opinion of the SEC on, I can understand why, cause Bama was a terrible team last year. However, we are no washed up, has been, still-living-off-the-bones-of-the-Bear type football team. These folks that dont know anything about SEC football make me wanna puke. So they beat a BAD Alabama team last year....big %$#*ing deal.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #5542 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Re:CFN Prediction: OSU 27, UGA 20
Cripes...talk about journalistic cowardice. Let's predict Ok St. beats Georgia. Wow, there's courageous and insightful analysis for you. What do you have to lose by that? Georgia wins, and it becomes a matter of the cowboys not being used to SEC football or whatever. IF they win, well, everybody said they would so it looks like crystal ball predictions. The cowboys do have great players...for their conference. Look, the mighty cowboys were out of the gate last year with \"convincing victories\" over...Missouri state, Arkansas state and Florida atlantic. My GOD...are we now grouped with the likes of Missouri State and Florida Atlantic???? If that's the level of competition expected from the Dawgs, then the cowboys might consider bringing some doggy bags to carry their asses home in.

Again, the best observation is that even our second string guys aren't simply people who happened by the practice field. These are kids good enough to play in the SEC. I'll repeat it for emphasis. Good enough to play in the SEC. They'd be starters at Oklahoma State.

Sorry, I didn't have my coffee this morning and I'm getting a little weary from all the naysayers and even the fans doubting us. Not me...not by a long shot. I'll never give up on the dawgs...never...did we give up when the germans bombed Pearl Harbor.....sigh...nevermind...

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
16 years 8 months ago #5544 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:CFN Prediction: OSU 27, UGA 20
I am just happy this will be the last Saturday in 2007 I will have to spend without football.

The drought is over and the glorious time of year is coming in one week.

Glory glory halleluyah

Glory glory halleluyah

More
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds