Forum

first timer

16 years 8 months ago #5482 by cookiebush
first timer was created by cookiebush
hello dawg fans. the wife and i managed to score tickets to the opener and have no idea what to expect as far as parking and time. We'd like to do some tailgating before the game just wondering if we dont make it up there till around 12-1 will there be anywhere left to park and fire up the grill w/ a few homebrews? when we went to the spring practice we just parked at a meter in town and prayed for no parking ticket. thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• cookiebush
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #5483 by Getdown11
Replied by Getdown11 on topic Re:first timer
Parking here during a game day is a royal pain the the butt. If you get here at about 12-1 you should be ok. Heck since its an evening game you may be ok if you show up at about 2, The game starts at 6:45 I think. You should have plenty time to tailgate and have a couple of beers.
Typically the best parking spots (near Sanford) are taken early by the real diehards or VIPs eg. President Adams buddies, notable boosters etc. If I had to guess your best bet as far as parking is concerned would be around the Ramsey center, the various parking decks scattered around campus or one of the larger dorm parking lots. Hope this helps and hope you have fun.

Go Dawgs!!!!

More
16 years 8 months ago #5484 by cookiebush
Replied by cookiebush on topic Re:first timer
i did find a a reservable spot at the corner of pulaski and hancock downtown 5 tenths a mile from the stadium for $25. is $25 an average price for gameday parking and would it be an enjoyable spot? thanks

• cookiebush
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #5485 by cookiebush
well now i see that alcohol is not allowed sat that spot so thats out of the question. its a lot owned by prestige parking.

• cookiebush
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #5486 by Getdown11
Replied by Getdown11 on topic Re:first timer
I would recommend something on campus to be honest. Be careful though some lots on campus require a game day permit.

I cant really tell you where to park. I live here in town and typically cab it to the game and back home after drinking.

Hopefully someone here could give you a better idea where to park. I know some of the lots on campus are free. I wouldn't pay to park unless it was my last option. You should be getting here early enough that finding a free parking space shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

Go Dawgs!!!!

More
16 years 8 months ago #5496 by cookiebush
ok thanks for yer help. i guess i'll wing it when i get there.

• cookiebush
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds