Forum

UGA vs. South Carolina Game Recap 9/16/2023

7 months 1 week ago - 7 months 1 week ago #83027 by wilson
Alright folks, gather round, because let me tell ya, between the hedges tonight, it was a heart stopper, and I had to clutch onto my seat more than once.

So, we came in as the big dogs, number one, and we were supposed to just saunter into this thing and put South Carolina away. But, heavens to Betsy, it didn’t start that way. The Gamecocks came in with something to prove and started things off with a 10-play march right down the field like they were walking through a Sunday church picnic. And Rattler, he found Wells for that touchdown, and I'm thinkin’, “Oh, lordy, what have we gotten into tonight?” But then, just when it seemed the winds were fully in their sails, Wells went down, and the air got sucked out of 'em a bit.

Our Dawgs? They were movin', and movin' good, but darn it, once we got near that end zone, it was like we hit a wall made of Carolina bricks. Drive after drive, and all we had to show was a measly 3 points to their 14 by halftime. I could hear the murmurs in the crowd, the worry. Heck, I was chewin' my nails off.

But whatever was said in that locker room during half-time, someone bottle it up and sell it, because a new set of Dawgs came out in that second half. They stormed out, hungry, scoring on those first two drives like they were making up for lost time.

Our defense, my stars, they became an iron curtain. South Carolina, they might as well have been trying to climb Everest in slippers. They couldn’t get a sniff past our 44-yard line.
Carson Beck – let me tell ya, that young man's arm was on fire, slingin' it for 269 yards.
And Edwards? He was a freight train, bulldozing his way for 118 yards and putting one in the end zone.

So, we came out with the win, 24-14. It wasn't the prettiest thing, like dancing with two left feet, but as they say, a win’s a win. And this ol' heart of mine, well, it's still beating, and I reckon I'm ready for the next one. Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• wilson
  • Topic Author
More
7 months 1 week ago #83029 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic UGA vs. South Carolina Game Recap 9/16/2023
Yes Wilson it was all of what you said and more. As I posted on Friday we would be completing 25% of our regular season Saturday night. Sorry SD ...

The first two chapters of our mystery season were pure torture. We were stunned back to reality.

There is no substitute for real game experience. Spring ball, G game summer workouts, fall camp and playing cupcakes.

Dawg fans are rightfully wondering if this team can grow enough in the remaining nine regular season games to be competitive postseason. Add to this challenge getting our injured players healthy

What we do know after our last game..... recruiting, playing young pups early.... meaningful game experience, good on good practices
Coaching players up are all components of being elite..

Baby steps count ... next Saturday putting two good halves together should be our first goal...

Maybe the 23 Dawgs become the cardiac kids ...

Please share and post your thoughts ..

Pause and give thanks ...have a safe week stay well..

As always "Go Dawgs "

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.021 seconds