Forum

GAME DAY: GAMECOCKS VS UGA BULLDOGS

7 months 1 week ago #83011 by growl
Time to strap up and get it on in the SEC
AMERICAS Greatest Conference.

We’ve had two cupcakes, now it’s time to see what we are made of.  Personally I believe we are going to be a  copy of the last two teams Defensively.  When the offense starts clicking, today, we are going to be off and running, 300 yds through the air and 150+ on the ground.  Keep Rattler busy trying to stay upright.

GO DAWGS!!  GATA!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 months 1 week ago #83012 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: GAMECOCKS VS UGA BULLDOGS
 Chief,  spot on as usual. I think that we take care of business and take more steps in learning the identity of this years team. I am guilty as anyone that when we don't look like the team that ran TCU off the field in the Natty I ask what is wrong with us.

After taking a step back and a deep breath.  Fact is we are a vastly different team than the two teams that won B2B Natties.   We have had valuable players missing with injuries and moved on to the NFL. Yes we have a new OC & QB .

Yes we don't have the havoc makers on the DL. ... we have freshman DL who have take a ton of snaps theses first two games...  Kirby and the Coaching staff is fast tracking young pups getting them valuable game experience..

Building depth for the stretch run and next season... we will be youthful on both lines...  Kirby has a plan... three games into the season... we will visit this again on Rewind Monday..

The wife says she has the tailgate eats covered ... she told me to tend bar ....  I have extensive experience in that department 

Go Dawgs 

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, SouthernDawg, growl

More
7 months 1 week ago #83015 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: GAMECOCKS VS UGA BULLDOGS
 Happy game day morning Dawgs!

It's a crisp 51 degrees here in the Queen City, the air is dry, genuine football weather has arrived! Coffee is steaming in the Georgia mug. (YD - try the Peruvian from Costco in the white bag. Fantastic.). The trusty Weber was fired up an hour ago for a low & slow pork butt over oak & apple which will be finished by 1pm. Game day menu consists of pulled pork sammiches, sausage & cheese balls, pimento cheese & crackers, and potato salad. Pop will be manning the pork butt.

Yes, finally we are in the SEC schedule and don't have to suffer through a 3rd scrimmage game (we won't have to do that until next week). A home game in Athens against the yard birds is just what the doctor ordered. We're going to learn a lot about the 2023 Dawgs team today. More specifically we're going to learn about the Dawgs offense. Per my conversation with kentdaddy - I am being patient. I am concerned, but I am patient. I have no doubt that the Cocks will come in today with a mission to play physical ball up front and get pressure on Beck (who hasn't seen pressure), and we're going to find out of all the apologists are correct who say "we're holding our playbook back and playing vanilla until we get a real team." Okay - well boys.... real team. Let's see the Todd Monken playbook opened up that Bobo assures us that he has barely changed. Let's stop these check downs and short screens for a gain of 2 and 4. Let's see our offensive line look like the brick wall that their size and weight indicates they should be. Let's see Beck get fired up for a big SEC home game. This is the stuff kids dream of - a little bit of excitement would go a long way to silencing his critics, including this one. 

Keys to the game? Force turnovers. Protect Beck, show us a real vertical offense again and keep SC's backfield on their toes, and make some effort to get run blocking sorted. If our RB's can split the tackles (which they haven't been able to do in two games so far), it becomes a long day for the yard birds. Get Mews involved in dynamic plays.

Oh, and will Bobo please write a love letter to Brock Bowers? Bobo needs to apologize for these last two game schemes and tell him:

"Dear Brock,

I'm so sorry. Please, please come back. It's not you, its me. It's my fault you're not being utilized in my game scheming as the possibly the greatest tight end in college history that we all know you are. No no, I know these check downs for 5 yards seem like I'm cheating on you, but you're my first love. You know that, right? I'm so sorry Brock. It'll never happen again. Please come back. I promise, last time was the last time. Xoxoxo Mike"

Lastly, even though we despise the Rocky Top Voltards, today - the enemy of my enemy is my friend. I am really, really, reeeeeallly looking forward to seeing them curb stomp FU in the cesspool in prime time. 

Go Dawgs! 

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 months 1 week ago #83023 by SouthernDawg
Still waiting on Bobo to open up that playbook.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 months 1 week ago #83024 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic GAME DAY: GAMECOCKS VS UGA BULLDOGS
2nd half. CKS gave them the talk, adjusted the game play.

Now 17-14 Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl

7 months 1 week ago #83028 by SouthernDawg
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds