Forum

From Athens -Rewind Monday-UT-Martin

7 months 3 weeks ago #82968 by yankeedawg1
From Athens -Rewind Monday-UT-Martin was created by yankeedawg1
Good day all,

Game one for the 2023 season is history.   Judging from the post game comments on other sites some members of our fanbase are truly spoiled. 

Unless we win like we did over TCU we bring out the wine and cheese.  In a very short time we have gone from ringing our collective hands about worrying losing to Florida or Tech to being hyper critical of our margin of victory in the first game of the year against a  D-1 opponent.

I was happy to see that my fellow posters on  dawgs.com  didn't transfer their hate from SBIV to Mike Bobo. Posters on several sites went all in hauling the Bozo the Clown out of the woodwork. The world knew this was going to happen. I truly believe that a good number of these Couch Coaches are in fact trolls looking to keep the pot stirred. It does make wonderful clickbait material. This will continue all season long, even if we win each game by double digits. Coach Bobo is also our QB coach.  Kirby spoke about how he and Mike put together a game plan that leaned heavily on our defense to allow the offense time to settle in. Exactly what happened.

In my opinion and that of our HC.   While not perfect by a long shot... many positive things took place, more importantly no major injuries. CKS  covered this in detail during his postgame presser.

As our HC stated he doesn't pay attention to the outside noise created by the media talking  heads.... his focus is how best to improve our team....  In Kirby we trust.

Like to hear your thoughts.  Have a safe week.

Pause and give thanks.           As always " Go Dawgs "

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 months 3 weeks ago #82969 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens -Rewind Monday-UT-Martin
I remember,not all that long ago, the phrase that snaked it’s way into the talk about MB,and some Drinking Kool Aid, seems like those Vinegar Drinkers are still hanging around some areas and can’t stand it, I’m like you must be trolls.

GO DAWGS!  GATA!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #82970 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens -Rewind Monday-UT-Martin
Chief... no amount of pissing and moaning will change in my minds Coach Bobo never enjoyed having defenses or the depth of skill players that are on our roster now...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, growl

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 months 3 weeks ago #82973 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens -Rewind Monday-UT-Martin
• The same things being said about Beck were also said about Stetson early on.

• Execution was more of a problem than play calling.

• The RB room was thin and even though he was out there: Milton was not 100%.

• UT-M sold out against the run and we didn't aggressively attack them downfield.

• The O-line hasn't gelled.

No worries at this point.

God Bless and go Dawgs

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #82974 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens -Rewind Monday-UT-Martin
Agree on Bobo.... He didn't have the players we have now. Huge difference and that was 'the' big problem back then.
Now days I am of the school that if CKS hired him, there IS a plan.

First game got the team loosened up. I'm looking forward to the meat of the season.

Go Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

7 months 3 weeks ago #82975 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens -Rewind Monday-UT-Martin
Another reminder...

Heard this same whining after the Samford game last season when we won our 2nd straight Natty.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds