Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday #1 9-2-23

7 months 4 weeks ago #82950 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Game Day Friday #1 9-2-23 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,

Our wait for Dawg football will soon be over.   Some early thoughts to clean up some preseason garbonzo...  media and fan Couch Coaches have cried oceans full of tears about our schedule being weak.  No AD at any school has called Georgia out for not being willing to schedule a home and home series.No ranked school wants to play the Dawgs during the regular season. A loss would increase their odds of not making the CFP.  Kirby has stated... We will play anyone,anytime, anywhere.When our series with Oklahoma was canceled after they joined the SEC no ranked team jumped in and asked to fill that open date ... Notre Dame didn't want a do over...  crickets… from South Bend... hmmmm....

Simply stated it truly doesn't matter where we are ranked or by whom....  preseason....  the absurd becomes bulletin board material....  it will sort itself out as the season progresses.....always have ....always will.

While we did struggle with Kent State and Missouri last year I don't see that being the case with UT- Martin.  Dawgs at home, night game,and a Blackout uniform game. Chance for the Red strobe lights inside Sanford with 93K Dawg fans going bonkers. To much R&B for UT-Martin to handle.

CKS ....  " We want to go play someone other than Georgia". …   we will play a bunch of players, pups get a taste of playing in Sanford.   First steps in our Dawgs gaining an identity for this years team.   Dawgs take care of business. In Kirby we trust !!This season I will be introducing  --  "Rewind Monday”  post It will be recapping the previous Saturdays game,  what happened, what didn't....  player injuries and who the next man up will be…..hash over any comments from CKS postgame presser, thoughts and opinion from all Dawg fans.I will then boil this down and see it can be applied to early postings about previous games by our members from our  Dawg.com  archives "#Flashbacks" Both Friday and Monday posts will conclude with an invitation to all Dawg fans to add their comments and thoughts. Looking forward to the new season and the challenges it presents. Pause and give thanks … Thoughts and prayers for those folks that felt the impact of this week’s hurricane and the residents of Lahaina,Maui who suffered  from the massive wildfires. Please post your comments and thoughts they are welcome and appreciated.  Have a great weekend and a safe week. As always “ GO Dawgs "

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 months 4 weeks ago #82951 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #1 9-2-23
Wow really great post Yd1, I was really anticipating the start to this season and Carson Beck carrying on the great Qb play that we have become accustomed to.  I’m looking forward to putting to sleep the talk of an easy schedule, all the other teams,just like you said, had an opportunity to step up and plant themselves on our sked, but alas no takers.  Now it’s time to get it on!

GO DAWGS!  GATA!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #82953 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #1 9-2-23
Growl,,   Looking forward to your Saturday game day post...  I agree Beck will settle in ... Kirby wouldn't had the keys to our offense unless he felt comfortable..

Whatcha...doing for tailgate yummies ??    Go Dawgs 

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 months 3 weeks ago #82956 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #1 9-2-23
Gonna do some White Chicken Chili with Bacon wrapped Asparagus and Jalapeño Cornbread with iced Tea or Ginger Ale.  

GO DAWGS!  GATA!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #82957 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #1 9-2-23
Chief... sounds wonderful....  the wife and I have been on a asparagus kick also...   Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.027 seconds