Forum

From Athens - Game Day Friday #5 01-10-22

1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #82611 by yankeedawg1
From Athens - Game Day Friday #5 01-10-22 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,

YD and my bride back from a wonderful family vacation many new family memories made. 

Yes our last game was less than stellar … in fact it stunk it up …  some commented that it was more like a Richt coached game playing down to the level of competition …. Or … Georgia just being Georiga.   Nah… that’s all history turn the page… as I have posted before college football like all sports has a large number of moving parts…. If I was asked for my one and only one take on what happened to cause our lackluster performance…. Youth aka lack of game experience ……. No substitute for experience … 

I am on board at looking at how we respond ….  Having said that… We win, we cover, shake hands, shower, get on the plane and come home…. All done with no major injuries …. Chill on Sunday…. Back to chopping wood on Monday getting ready for Assburn…. Visit Athens next Saturday … I want the same results as the last time we played in a city named Columbia…..

Looks like the Classic City will miss the heavy rain from Ian …. Gusting wind advisory for next two days….

With that in mind…. The tailgate gang voted for Mom’s Beef stew and a skillet of cornbread….. who am I to disagree …. No not me…

Thoughts and prayers to all in Ian’s path…. Spent many happy hours in Ft. Meyers ,Fl. And Sanibel Island…. Unbelievable the damaged that was done…. 

Much work ahead to rebuild.

Truly pause and give thanks …

Have a great weekend and a safe week…

As always “ Go Dawgs "

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, SouthernDawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #82612 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens - Game Day Friday #5 01-10-22
YD1, I'm glad to hear you had a good trip. Quality family time.

Last game performance was less than adequate. At least we have 3 W's. I am thankful I didn't 'see' it but listened on radio only.
As far as the last game, I would complain about noon starts, etc and say that kind of chaos affects the teams performance but enough has been said about that. The team was not in it's normal fine form last Saturday and I think the start time is part of the problem. Life on Saturdays in the fall has a rythm and college games at noon ain't part of it. TV can #$&&#*$ on the game start times. 7:30 is not a fall college game time either. It is AFTER supper. Good Grief.

I can complain about TV announcers talking about anything but the game, but it won't change. So I listen on the radio where the announcers know what is going on. Why listen on the radio? Our home team announcers and the feel of the game is specifically for Dawg fans.
FYI: The TV delays the game 2 or 3 plays to discourage folks listening on radio but it is easy to sync the radio to the TV. The free App is called "Radio Sync" available in the Apple store. You have to buy the cable to hook the radio, ipad (or phone) and speakers. Look for it on the internet for about $15. I have been happily using it for several years.

I am hopeful we see the Dawgs at their finest this Saturday and the rest of the season.
Go Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl

1 year 7 months ago #82613 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens - Game Day Friday #5 01-10-22
Nothing better than College Football in the Fall, get the grills going and smell the yummies getting ready.   I think the anticipation is well worth the wait, and nothing takes the place of that first bite of a Grilled Hot Dog.  Glad you had a good time Yd1 and it was great seeing the Friday morning post.

GO DAWGS!!!!  GATA!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds