Forum

Wednesday’s Rambling from Athens

1 year 10 months ago #82480 by yankeedawg1
Wednesday’s Rambling from Athens was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,

Most importantly the Classic City received a good soaking rain last night… the wife’s dirt babies sang praise songs loud and long.  More rain forecasted tonight…..  yippee…..

OK….  A Manning kid will be QB at Texas…..  as KD has correctly stated for years…  committing is just the raw beginning….  Still like our HC’s process… first off you want to be a Dawg… second you will do your job and hold others accountable to do theirs….  Better than you have ever done in your football career….  See any of our 15 players drafted in the NFL the year…. Speaks volumes to chopping wood…..

Media continues to pick at SB4…. Mind numbing….   Same butt wipe media makes the statement that our OC received a healthy pay raise to influence Arch into coming Georgia…..  Kirby understands and recognizes football talent…. Players and coaches both….  HC watched our OC put together game plans to fit and maximize use our players talents.

Kirby is about to receive a contract that will keep the process moving forward for a good number of future years…. a very good thing…

He spoke this week about the possibility of winning back to back Natty’s ….  “We have to work on getting better “

Kirby speak….  If it’s not broken… find a way to make it better……   Short down hill run to the start of fall camp..

Growl … been playing on the grill…. Family loves my Taziki  chicken… wife makes sauce with cucumber and fresh dill from our garden…. Looking forward to your Game Day post that gets our tribe kickstarted….

Pause and give thanks this Independence Day weekend….  Freedom …is the ultimate pay forward act

Continue to check on family and friends often..

Have a great weekend and a safe rest of the summer…. As always “. Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 year 10 months ago #82481 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Wednesday’s Rambling from Athens

Good Day All,

Most importantly the Classic City received a good soaking rain last night… the wife’s dirt babies sang praise songs loud and long.  More rain forecasted tonight…..  yippee…..

OK….  A Manning kid will be QB at Texas…..  as KD has correctly stated for years…  committing is just the raw beginning….  Still like our HC’s process… first off you want to be a Dawg… second you will do your job and hold others accountable to do theirs….  Better than you have ever done in your football career….  See any of our 15 players drafted in the NFL the year…. It Speaks volumes to chopping wood…..

Media continues to pick at SB4…. Mind numbing….   Same butt wipe media makes the statement that our OC received a healthy pay raise to influence Arch into coming Georgia…..  Kirby understands and recognizes football talent…. Players and coaches both….  HC watched our OC put together game plans to fit and maximize use our players talents.

Kirby is about to receive a contract that will keep the process moving forward for a good number of future years…. a very good thing…

He spoke this week about the possibility of winning back to back Natty’s ….  “We have to work on getting better “

Kirby speak….  If it’s not broken… find a way to make it better……   Short down hill run to the start of fall camp..

Growl … been playing on the grill…. Family loves my Taziki  chicken… wife makes sauce with cucumber and fresh dill from our garden…. Looking forward to your Game Day post that gets our tribe kickstarted….

Pause and give thanks this Independence Day weekend….  Freedom …is the ultimate pay forward act

Continue to check on family and friends often..

Have a great weekend and a safe rest of the summer…. As always “. Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 year 10 months ago #82482 by yankeedawg1
Yikes rusty I am…. Hit reply instead of edit gadzooks..

Yd1 will be running early morning steps at Sanford..

Boss Dawg. Board has really clean look on my new iPad..

Stay well …. Yd1

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #82483 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Wednesday’s Rambling from Athens
Howdy Y’all, yep that sounds like a good plan, kick off July 4th the right way, Grilling and Chillin Burgers and Brauts with a good helping of Sauerkraut to boot.  Like the Chicken and special sauce, sounds soooo good.    Hope everyone enjoys the Holiday!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
1 year 9 months ago #82485 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Wednesday’s Rambling from Athens
I hope everyone is having a blessed summer. I've been pretty busy myself trying to get my oldest on his way to UNG. I really wanted him to be a Dawg, but North Georgia wanted him more. I also wanted him to be a football player but alas, futbol was his choice.

I can't say much about it on a forum such as this, but I've learned some things about the JT Daniels vs Stetson controversy from last year that totally changed my perspective on the choice Kirby made regardless of SB bringing home a NC. 

Just suffice it to say that Kirby was right even if Stetson wouldn't have gotten the job done.

Anyway... I'll be back in the fall. I've got Braves baseball message board duties now, and business is thriving.

God bless, and Go Dawgs.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
1 year 9 months ago #82486 by yankeedawg1
Wart… glad to hear you are well… making more memories in getting son settled into his next chapter of his life.

looking forward to the upcoming football season… new faces combined with some vary talented veterans moving to be starters….

still enjoying our Natty ….  All the heads making reasons why the Dawgs wouldn’t be champions…..

you and yours stay well…. Go Dawgs 

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds