Forum

This Week's Dawg: DAVID GREENE

16 years 8 months ago #5375 by dapolla
This Week's Dawg: DAVID GREENE was created by dapolla
Once again, as we count down the weeks till kickoff, I'd like to recognize a Dawg, this one named David Greene. Please reply with your best memories of Greenie.

So many people forget about this guy! I watched a \"5 Reasons You Can't Blame...\" thing on ESPNC where they called Matt Leinert \"arguably the best college quarterback in history.\" Really? David Greene = 42-10 as a starter, the winningest quarterback in D-1A history, including going 3-of-4 in bowl games (losing only to Boston College his freshman year), a Sugar Bowl victory, an SEC Championship and two Eastern Division titles. Oh, and the longest pass-attempts-without-an-interception streak in SEC history. Oh, and he shattered every Georgia QB record. Oh, and he led more 4th-quarter comeback drives than you can shake a stick at. P-40 Haynes against Tennessee in '01, 70-X Takeoff against Auburn in '02, the pass to Gibson against 'Bama in '02, and the list goes on.

What I remember David Greene for the most was actually his last game at home for Georgia, against Tech in '04. It was a MISERABLE day, freezing cold (I literally almost lost a toe, wearing stupid shoes in freezing rain) and even though we were up 16-0 at halftime, Greenie broke his thumb and went out of the game. Our defense started to give up, and Tech made it 16-13 by the fourth quarter. DJ -- bless him, he could murder Tennessee at will but he could never do jack against Tech -- was doing nothing. Greenie comes in WITH A BROKEN FREAKING THUMB and leads what would end up being the game-winning field goal drive for Georgia (Couto made an INCREDIBLE kick that drive to put us up 19-13, by the way).

So what are your fondest memories of David Greene?

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 8 months ago #5380 by Getdown11
Replied by Getdown11 on topic Re:This Week's Dawg: DAVID GREENE
UGA vs Vanderbilt 2002

Greene to Edwards play action. Prettiest play action pass I've ever seen.

Go Dawgs!!!!

More
16 years 8 months ago #5382 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:This Week's Dawg: DAVID GREENE
Obviously the come from behind win at UT, but what I remember the most about DG was his leadership, character and his faith.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 8 months ago #5385 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:This Week's Dawg: DAVID GREENE
Simply.....

I love David Greene in a non-gay sort of way.

More
16 years 8 months ago #5388 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:This Week's Dawg: DAVID GREENE
kentdaddy, please tell us all that you will continue to post on this forum......your comments are priceless and crack me up !!

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 8 months ago #5391 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:This Week's Dawg: DAVID GREENE
wlayton,

I am here to stay unless the \"Man\" takes issue with my un-natural affinity and knowledge of M*A*S*H including the Alda years.

These are my people..............

I feel the warmth that can only be genereted by a common love of all things UGA and reinforced by the perfectly rational hatred of anything orange.

More
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds