Forum

Dawg Parenting 101

16 years 8 months ago #5365 by southernlover
Dawg Parenting 101 was created by southernlover
For those of you who want to train your kids to be true Dawg fans.............

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• southernlover
  • southernlover's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bull Dawg
More
16 years 8 months ago #5397 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:Dawg Parenting 101
What is the phrase that the kid keeps repeating?

GATA! Woof!

More
16 years 8 months ago #5402 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:Dawg Parenting 101
Sounds like \"Gators wear jean shorts\", maybe referring to cut-off jeans?

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
16 years 8 months ago #5403 by southernlover
Replied by southernlover on topic Re:Dawg Parenting 101
Got it right SadlerDawg. Although I personally don't see much of a delineation between north Florida and south Georgia except a line on a map, it has become a popular slogan for a lot of Dawg fans to associate gator fans with mullets, tank tops and jean shorts. Not offense to any of you Dawg fans that sport any of those items. A couple of years ago there was a plane flying around before the game pulling a banner that read \"Gators wear jean shorts\", another sighting I had was some Dawg fans standing on the side of Talleyrand on game day holding a sign to approaching traffic that read \"Gator jean shorts check point\". In the interest of full disclosure, I do own a pair of cut off jean shorts that I do yard work in. Also, for those of you who don't know what a mullet is, it is a popular hairstyle where the front and top is cut very short with long hair, a rat or ponytail in the back. Again, no offense to any Dawgs that choose to wear a mullet.

• southernlover
  • southernlover's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bull Dawg
More
16 years 8 months ago #5404 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:Dawg Parenting 101
In a previous life my job required me to live in the cultural void that is the florida panhandle.

Across the bay from Destin is a little town called Niceville. The had a big ad campaign about the upcoming mullet festival. I was dumbfounded that they would actually have a festival celebrating the mullet but they did. I prepared for the glorious day camera in hand hoping to get some great shots of mullets. Imagine my disappointment to find out it was about the fish mullet. The hair do was still well represented in Niceville that day.

More
16 years 8 months ago #5406 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Re:Dawg Parenting 101
Mullet: business up front, party in the back...lol...gotta love Joe Dirt. Of course, I always imagine orange associated with parties \"in the back\" but...heh, that's just me...

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds