Forum

Athlon

16 years 8 months ago #5351 by dapolla
Athlon was created by dapolla
I don't know how many of you have gone to the Athlon Sports preview for Georgia that's at the bottom of this page, but what really intrigued me about that was the projected wins and losses graphic. Athlon projects us to win 7 games guaranteed, including against SCarolina, OK State and of course Vandy and Kentucky. However, it does NOT project us to lose any games for certain. Not even the Auburn or Florida games are pencilled in as definite losses. Bama, Tennessee, Florida, Auburn and Tech are all classified as \"swing games.\" Thank God for SOME respect; I guess after last year they realize that even a \"bad\" Georgia team can hang with a good Auburn team any Saturday in the year.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 8 months ago #5366 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re:Athlon
I listen to Mitch Light, the Athlon guy, up here in Nashville on talk radio. Even though he's a Vandy grad, he has a lot of respect for the Georgia program. A decent guy, well informed.

More
16 years 8 months ago #5368 by southernlover
Replied by southernlover on topic Re:Athlon
That is actually one of the most level headed predicitons that I have heard to date.

More
16 years 8 months ago #5373 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Athlon
I agree, though I think the Alabama game is a lock, too.

Last year I said we could either go 10-2 or 7-5. Beating Auburn messed up my prediction, but what I really thought was that we couldn't beat them or Florida. Those were two guarantees. I thought, the other teams that could beat us in a bad year would be SCarolina, Tennessee and Tech. I think the same thing this year, but I think we're a better team this year.

Man, I thought Tech was a 99% lock to beat us last year, I'm not going to lie. That was a GREAT game to go to.

....MAN, Tech should've beaten us. Thank God for Reggie Ball.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 8 months ago #5377 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:Athlon
I appreciate that they are giving us respect in Athlon, but I still dont like a magazine that wastes space by putting a preview of Notre Dame in a regional magazine that is supposed to be for SEC teams. That just shows once again how the Eastern media is obsessed with ND as the Western press is with So Cal.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #5381 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Athlon
Hey dapolla, for some reason I NEVER fear GT. Guess it's because of Reggie.

And feel we get the better athletes in Ga.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds